We seek a Research Engineer in the Research Institute, Center for Environment and Water (King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals) based at .
Applying a knowledge of fundamental chemical engineering to develop an understanding of water treatment, desalination, and membrane technologies.
•Undertaking field work and site visits for investigative and monitoring purposes;
•Analyzing collected information to assess and predict the impact of activities
•Ensuring compliance with environmental legislation and keeping up to date with technological and legislative developments;
•Writing reports for clients, which can be understood by people who don’t necessarily have a technical background?
•Answering technical queries and providing advice to clients and the public.
•Managing research projects;
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. The appointment includes the following benefits according to the university policy.
1. Tax free salary.
2. Free furnished air-conditioned on-campus housing unit with free essential utilities and maintenance.
3. Air ticket/s to Dhahran on appointment.
4. Annual repatriation air ticket/s for family members up to four persons.
5. 30 days of paid vacation.
6. Assistance with local tuition fees for school-aged dependent children.
7. Transportation allowance
8. Free health care at KFUPM Clinic
9. End-of-service gratuity after two (2) years of continuous service.
The KFUPM campus has a range of facilities including a medical and dental clinic, health club with swimming pool, an extensive library, computing, research and teaching laboratory facilities, a recreation center and a private beach.
• A doctoral degree in Chemical Engineering is required preferably with research experience in Water Treatment, Carbon based Adsorbents and Membrane Science.
• Publishing record in peer-reviewed journals.
• Good command of English in both writing and speaking with good presentation skills.
•Technical report writing skills.
•The candidate will be expected to perform independent research in the field of water treatment and contribute to ongoing research in the center.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Applications are invited for faculty positions for the Academic Year starting in September 2019 (Term 191) at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
2. Applicants must be fluent in English as it is the medium of instruction in the University.
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,