Computer Science and Engineering Department
Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
College of Engineering Profile
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering Profile
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has a long tradition of commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and student services. The Department offers B.Sc. degree in computer science and in computer engineering. It also offers MSc degree in computing and Ph.D. degrees in computer science and computer engineering. Our graduates are very well placed at the national level and are highly recognized within the Computer Science and Engineering professional community. We have an exceptionally qualified faculty staff that is committed to maintaining this tradition.
Why would I go to Qatar?
Qatar, located on the east coast of the Arabian peninsula, has a per-capita GDP among the highest in the world. The country’s location makes it in close travel distance to many regions of the world. Qatar’s capital, Doha, is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, and has been consistently ranked as one of the safest cities in the world. The city is known for its friendliness and open venues for families. Doha, home to several universities, a robust research funding institute (Qatar National Research Fund), a media hub for the likes of Al-Jazeera, and the Qatar Computing Research Institute, is rapidly emerging as one of the premiere venues for computing research, and it was selected as the host city for the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Qatar University has been recently ranked as one of the top Universities in teaching and research by Times Higher Education (THE), Shanghai Rankings, and Arab/GCC rankings.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Category: Academic
Employment Type: Full-time faculty
Preferred starting date: January or August 2021
Position Term: 3 Years (renewable) with a probation period
The selected candidates are expected to:
1. Bring innovation to education for the students.
2. Conduct world-class research within the research priorities ofthedepartment and the country.
3. Supervise MSc and PhD students effectively.
4. Engage in outstanding scholarly activities leading tonational,regional, and international recognition (e.g., national grantssuch as NPRP).
5. Serve in different committees at the department, the college, ortheuniversity levels.
6. Communicate effectively in English.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is seeking high caliber candidates for a faculty position at the level of assistant, associate, and full professor in the discipline. The applicant should possess a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a reputable University and should demonstrate a strong record in teaching, research, and services. We are looking for highly motivated faculty to join the department and work with a dynamic team. While applications in all areas of computing will be considered for evaluation, the following areas are of particular interest to the department: Artificial Intelligence (all sub-areas with emphasis on Machine Learning), Big Data, Data Science/Analytics, Embedded Systems, Robotics, Blockchain, and Autonomous Systems. The positions are available beginning January 2021 or August 2021.
The applicant should apply online through the i-recruitment systembycreating a personal account and provide the following:
1. Detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae
2. Cover letter explaining the motivation to join the CSE department
3. Statement of research
4. Statement of teaching
5. Three recent recommendation letters from current orpreviousemployers (including full contact information, completeaddresses withemails and telephones numbers) sent directly from thereferences to theHead of Department, Dr. Abdula Al-Ali,
6. Detailed list of courses taught in previous universities(withstudent evaluation, if possible).
7. Copies of highest earned credentials (Ph.D. degree,transcripts,HDR, etc.).
8. Any additional document that can support the application.
The three-year renewable contract follows Qatar University HR policies and includes the following:
1. A highly competitive salary
2. Fully furnished accommodation
3. Tickets for the faculty member and his/her dependents when joining and at the end of contract.
4. Educational allowance for up to three children
5. Private health care and health insurance
6. Annual leave
7. End-of-contract indemnity.
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,