The company is a 32 year old, 100% family owned company that retails industrial supply products. The product line that this company supplies will be geared specifically to the oil and gas industry. The business also provides service based expertise in pumping/repairing/servicing area of the oil and gas industry. Specifically, in the production and completion divisions of this industry. With the main warehouse located in Douglas, Wyoming; this booming rise in the oil market gives us a unique opportunity to serve several small towns/remote locations in the Wyoming area.
This role will be located in Douglas, Wyoming
The CFO will provide leadership, management and guidance to the owners and current managers on all matters relating to the financial strategy and operations of the firm, to include but not limited to oversight of all accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, and pricing; financial reporting, compliance management, treasury activities, and tax and audit compliance. The CFO is a critical member of the leadership team and must be able to contribute beyond a purely technical functional perspective.
- Maintain and ensure that the organization's accounting policies and procedures are in line with regulatory requirements and management best practices.
- Develop peer relationships that create mutual understanding and encourage leaders and all employee owners to utilize the "value added" nature of the role to improve decision making.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the accounting. Strong "hands on" sense of financial statements, asset and balance sheet management, tax savvy and compliance, proven grasp of operations, cost accounting, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and various special analysis.
- Support the owners/warehouse managers in the continuing development and implementation of business strategies in support of the rapid development and growth of the company's business to include both organic growth and possible merger/acquisition initiatives.
- Report and respond on all accounting; financial reporting; regulatory compliance matters to the owners of the company.
- Development, implementation, and oversight of all financial personnel as well as processes and controls, including ensuring practices consistent with proper accounting standards and effectiveness in tracking and measuring operational efficiency.
- Development/management of detailed performance reporting, including analysis of key performance metrics to highlight operating issues/challenges or profit opportunities.
- Maintenance/development of commercial/investment banking relationships and dialogue with broader investment community.
- 10-15 years of progressive experience within a multi-plant warehouse facility is highly preferred, with specific reference to CFO responsibilities.
- Extensive knowledge of large quantity warehouse inventory systems is expected.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly collaborative and flat organization is ideal to fit into this "roll up your sleeves" type culture.
- Possess the ability to wear "strong leader hat" and have a no-nonsense attitude when it comes to not tolerating excuses and a culture of exceptions.
- Business partnering and experience building strong working relationships with sales, delivery management, material management, procurement, human resources and plant personnel teams.
- Progressive hands-on experience in developing business plans, operational plans and objectives; budgets and related implementation plans.
- Ability to solve complex tactical an strategic problems, and develop and recommend new alternative tactics and strategies.
- Proven ability to operate successfully in a rapid growth and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong team builder and mentor able to maximize employee owners' potential to ensure increasingly demanding and complex business needs are met.
- Good conceptual vision and the intellectual ability to think strategically about the financial requirements of the business three to five years out.
- Visible "passion for the business" and capability to motivate and have a broad sphere influence on the overall organization.
Education and Related Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Warehousing experience required
- SAGE Mas 90 and/or NCR Counterpoint systems knowledge preferred
- Advanced proficiency skill level in Excel required
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.