The Inventory Expediter has primary responsibility for facilitating the timely transfer and transaction of inventory into production and then onto shipping for priority orders and deliverables in order to fulfill SLA requirements and open requests for various customers. This position will be required to work between cross functional teams in order to meet expectations. Using the company’s ERP & dashboards to view demand, the Inventory Expediter will work closely with the Inventory, planning, shipping and production teams as well as with department coordinators to meet customer SLA commitments.
Bottlenecks and obstacles to meeting the production and shipping schedules will be escalated to the Depot Manager and or senior management for resolution. The Inventory Expediter will carry out these duties within the context of the established standards for quality and in a way, that promotes teamwork and good communication within the company. Reporting to the Depot Manager or other senior designee, the Inventory Expediter will carry out activities including, but not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains a consistent and positive attendance pattern.
• Maintain a clean, well-organized and efficient work area.
• Reviews all open requests to determine what inventory is needed to fulfill customer orders; Inventory that is “Unusable (Badstock)” or “Unusable requires Config (Goodstock)”, is delivered to production based on the expected time needed to convert the inventory to “Usable ready to ship” condition.
• Coordinates the physical delivery of unusable inventory to the production/repair or configuration lines, or by way of soliciting assistance from material handlers.
• Communicates with the Production Coordinator, team leads and refers to open requests on the appropriate dashboards to efficiently pull material through the process as needed.
• Works collaboratively with team leads to ensure that all inventory moves and transactions are properly carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
• Ensure that all operating procedures are followed in the Expedite area including ESD, PCI and Safety.
• Maintain quality control standards through visual inspection of products during the handling process, verifying correct part number and using the proper labeling and packaging method specific to the product and the customer.
• Expedites and coordinates the request and movement of critical material, including configurable, repair parts and transactions of material required for repairs and open requests.
• Escalation of critical issues to the Depot Manager or Management when necessary.
• Proactively seek resolutions to problems reported by department staff and other resources as
they present themselves to minimize project bottlenecks and ship on time delays.
• Support staff’s technical requirements with your own technical expertise and experience.
• Effectively communicate expectations to departments, team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion, as needed.
• Provide status reports in a variety of formats (both written verbal) at a high level when requested.
• Must be customer service centric and understand relationship building.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops an understanding of and use the computer software tools that are available at the company & the warehouse to meet and/or improve requirements.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Cross-train for the shipping area and act as back up to the shipper as required/directed.
• Ensure any training updates for the position are properly communicated to the backup Inventory expediters.
• Utilize Microsoft’s [MS] Office applications to communicate, follow up and file correspondence.
Products may include but are not limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Assists in the development and implementation of training processes and work instructions
related to the position that are easy to use for other employees.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures as required.
• Participate in all required inventory related activities including but not limited to; Cycle counts, audits, miscellaneous receipts, inventory corrections, consolidations, put away & restock.
• Willingly performs all other duties and responsibilities assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 2 - 3 years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 2 years computer related experience in a fast-paced business environment
• Retail experience preferred but not required
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong communications skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to work in both team environments and as an individual contributor.
• Ability to sit and or stand for extended periods at a keyboard to enter information and read displays.
• Ability to adapt and conform to shifting priorities and demands in an effective manner
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources/resources, including team members, management, and operations staff.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Familiarity with industry standard equipment.
• Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
• Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
• Strong team building, decision-making skills.
• Computer literacy requirements = proficient
This position does not have any direct reports but may routinely be required to solicit assistance from various team members, including material handlers within the same depot location.
Most importantly the Inventory Expediter makes inquiries throughout the day as needed to the Production Coordinator as to the status of products due to ship. These inquiries will be either verbal, which is the most effective and preferred method, electronic mail or both. The content of these inquiries will typically call out parts due to ship as the shipping deadlines are approaching. The Inventory Expediter, in conjunction with production & shipping, needs to see the big picture of daily shipment requirements, coordinating resources and moving product through the facility to meet customer expectations for deliver and quality. This is a fast-paced position that requires high energy, patience, and the ability to manage stressful situations with objectivity. Adherence to procedures, attention to detail and the ability to meet production requirements are key to the position.Company Description
Encompassing over 45 years of corporate evolution, today's Spencer Technologies is the leading provider of end to end IT life cycle solutions for literally every type of major corporation in the retail market — from specialty stores and department stores to DIY and restaurants. Our team is comprised of retail and technical experts to ensure solutions are sound and relevant allowing us to provide the highest quality of service to top retailers throughout the world. More importantly, we set the standard for experience, technical expertise, unparalleled customer service and absolute reliability.