The position of Material Handler is responsible for the day-to-day material handling/disassembly, transport, inventory, receiving, and scrap activities as required. The Material Handler will carry out work on product moving through the warehouse in accordance with Spencer Technologies work instructions and SOP’s as well as the terms of the asset management agreements in place for the specific clients or stock owners of the product. The position is dynamic and requires the individual to be able to work in a fast-paced environment, adapting and switching between tasks and teams as the requirements or demands change. Reporting to the Depot Manager or other designated senior team members in Shared Services, the Material Handler will carry out activities based on priorities established by the assigned team lead; Specific job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a consistent and positive attendance pattern.
- Manage time efficiently and request support as needed to meet daily requirements.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized and efficient work area.
- Maintains an understanding of the terms of the Asset Management Agreements with stock owners.
- Assists with updating the client summary monthly as required/ directed.
- Review details of the summary for specific stock owners with staff as required to insure proper processing, data collection, charges, receipt or deposal of product is carried out.
- Coordinate with Deployment, warehouse lead, asset management lead, inventory clerk(s), and expediter to ensure priorities and issues are communicated.
- Take instruction for unique asset management lots from freight scheduler w/asset management instruction form on SharePoint-ask questions as needed.
- Track all time spent on client specific asset management activities.
- Maintain the scrap tracking spreadsheet for reconciliation with invoices from scrap processing providers.
- Transfer and or Receive product systemically in Squire (or other designated customer ERP) as needed and physically from one facility to the other (1QW & OPD) when required.
- Assist & support Shared Services teams; including but not limited to disassembly of registers and processing tear downs as well as receipts of materials yielded.
- Maintain Spencer’s quality control standards through visual inspection of products during the handling process, verifying correct part number and using the proper labeling and packaging method specific to the product and the customer.
- Ensure that all operating procedures are followed including ESD and Safety
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Monitor packing supply levels. Request reorder as required to maintain proper stock levels.
- Cross-train and provide back-up coverage for expediting, shipping, and receiving as required/directed.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Support pick & pack for shipping as/when required.
- Assistance with warehouse maintenance when required/directed.
- Support Deployment; processing all inbound store returns and receipts between both NH facilities: 1QW & OPD
- Assist with Inventory picks, physical transfers and packaging at OPD as required/directed.
- Cross-train for Spencer’s Inventory Control area and act as back up as required/directed.
- Willingly perform all other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a general mechanical understanding of repair or manufacturing assembly / disassembly functions.
- Preferred experience in or a working knowledge of inventory and or asset management.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Fork Truck/Lift experience or certification preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication abilities.
- MS Office experience helpful (Excel)
Encompassing over 45 years of corporate evolution, today's Spencer Technologies is the leading provider of end to end IT life cycle solutions for literally every type of major corporation in the retail market — from specialty stores and department stores to DIY and restaurants. Our team is comprised of retail and technical experts to ensure solutions are sound and relevant allowing us to provide the highest quality of service to top retailers throughout the world. More importantly, we set the standard for experience, technical expertise, unparalleled customer service and absolute reliability.