Quality Assurance-Inspectors are responsible for examining the merchandise visually and sometimes with the use of special equipment to ensure it is functional. Overall each of these employees work individually or as a team to uphold the quality standards of the company. QA-Inspectors are responsible to be sure that other workers are producing quality goods and services; if they are not, the QA-Inspector has the responsibility to report and document the defects or insufficient service to employers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure product meets requirements, verifying lot#, expiration date, labels and all other components are verified and checked in any process (inbound, packaging –production, picking and shipping) process.
- Make sure packaging people are properly wearing lab coats and protective glove, hairnet and beard net cover as required.
- Make sure all packaging people are following safety procedures. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Report potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Make sure the products are packaging are using the proper product, integrity of the seal bag, length of bag, front and nutritional labels, taste, best buy date and lot codes are according with the assembly to ensure compliance according to GMP and customer/company specifications.
- Responsible for receiving, documenting, performing and approving incoming (truck and product) inspections. Make sure its compliance according to GMP specifications.
- Responsible to documents all inspection results as required to control of the verification process.
- Ensure cleanliness is maintained orderly and sanitary condition in the production packaging area, utensil, facility and premises keep in good repair.
- Ensure the waste material are frequently removed from the working area as needed during plant operation.
- Responsible to make sure all scales used by production people for weight count are properly calibrated, documented and verify that the scale is accurately giving correct count.
- Responsible to make sure that products that needs to be destroyed or discarded be proper documented all the process to control traceability.
- Responsible to create lot of bulk samples, print labels and pull samples requested by the manager.
- Ensure that all the employees must follow policies and procedures. Applying GMP’s, Allergen Control and safe food handling practices.
- Assume responsibility in absence of other QA-Associates
- Customer complaint investigations
- Ensure the doors are closed all the time.
- Ensure the products are controlled under the Food Safety Fundamentals and any non-conforming product or equipment during the work-in-progress needs to be reported to the SQF-Practitioner/Manager.
- Responsible to make sure all the concentrations are in the right levels.
- Process all RTV’s and product returns.
- Review quality of finished goods.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- 2 or more years of experience
- Detail oriented
- Manufacturing and/or distribution background experience preferred.
- English is required; preferable bilingual English and Spanish.
- No supervisory responsibilities are required.
- High School graduate or Associates Degree
Physical Demands and work environment:
- Consistent walking and use of hands and fingers
- Clear vision
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
Job Description Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general responsibilities associated with the position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested.Company Description
International Foodsource Llc was founded in 2004. International Foodsource Llc specializes in Dried And Dehydrated Fruits, Vegetables And Soup Mixes.
International Foodsource is one of the largest suppliers of Nuts, Dried Fruit and Snack Items in the Northeast. As a major provider of snacks to grocery and convenience stores nationwide, IFS is able to deliver the highest quality and best priced bulk foods to processors, manufacturers, stores and other volume buyers.
Our 200,000 square foot facility is located in Dover, NJ. From Dover, we are able to ship within one day to more than 50 million people and their businesses in the region.