Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, Avani Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for guests who value the details that matter.
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by coordinating all inquiries, booking and selling of the main product of the hotel – Rooms. Key objectives are to simultaneously maximise guest satisfaction, and hotel revenue.
· Assist in the effective operation of the Reservations department, to meet the business goals of the hotel.
· Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures are being adhered to, by training all staff and monitoring their performance.
· Drive the implementation of all sales and promotional programmes of the hotel. Take personal responsibility for driving Upselling within the property.
· Ensure all associates are up-to-date with current information and data of the hotel product, including room types, rates, relative features and facilities, food and beverage outlets & promotion, spa and health club, and other services and facilities.
· Take personal responsibility for maximizing quality levels of product and service, and guest satisfaction. Ensure all issues relating to guest satisfaction are raised, monitored, and followed up on a timely basis.
· Monitor daily arrivals by ensuring all guest requests are carried out, all realistic expectations are met, and reservations are honoured.
· Manage incoming reservation request in order to avoid a back log of reservations. Ensure daily trace reports/follow up systems are being handled effectively.
· Maintain effective office administrative procedures within the department that will safeguard and detect double-bookings, non-guaranteed bookings, filing errors and other inaccuracies. Understand hotel policies for no-shows, cancellation, credit and pre-payment policies. Quality check reservations made the previous day.
· Warrant correct operation of Reservations Department, according to instructions given by Reservation Manager.
· Ensure Reservations procedures for PMS are being followed correctly. In depth knowledge of PMS is required.
· Maintain a motivational working environment within the department, and with other colleagues in the hotel
· Proactively promote other sister properties of Minor International.
· Understand the dynamics of Regional & Local Market, local Competitors and Events of the destination. In depth understanding of local seasonality and booking patterns.
· Ensure that reservation forecasts, projections, lists and reports are prepared and distributed to all concerned on schedule.
· Liaise with the Accounting Department information on Reservation procedures, reports and operational problems and payments of commission.
· Assist in management administration with regard to staffing: Rostering, time and leave management etc.
· Provide assistance and friendly gesture to local representatives of tour operators and travel agencies.
• College degree in hotel management
• Three years experience in hotel reservations and rooms division
• Familiar with the hotel operations available technology (PMS & RMS) and all distribution channels.
• Understand the dynamics of regional & local market, local competitors and events of the destination
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,