Job: IT Security Designer
Duration: 6 months
Day Rate: Negotiable
A Dublin based financial business is seeking an experienced IT Security Designer for an initial 6 month engagement. Due to the amount of existing projects there is a high chance extension. Note: All applicant must have a live CISSP Certification to be considered for this contract.
The contract involves:
- Design security controls for proposed solutions to meet relevant IT Security policies, standards and guidelines, as well as regulatory and other requirements.
- Provide design-time review and guidance to teams building and deploying new technology.
- Develop, document, and participate in solution architecture design for different projects. Participate in security efforts assisting with the integration and initial implementation of solutions.
- Review existing and proposed architectures, identify security design gaps, and recommend changes or enhancements to meet security control objectives.
- Assess and advise of security risks identified, and propose appropriate mitigations.
The contract requires:
- Mandatory minimum of CISSP or recognised equivalent such as SANS GSEC or MSc in IT Security.
- ISSAP, SABSA, TOGAF, or other architecture qualification preferred.
- Good technical knowledge of network protocols and related technologies, and a variety of platforms.
- Experience across a number of relevant IT disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of IT Security best practice.
- 5+ years working in an IT Security discipline, with experience in security design is preferred.
- 3rd Level qualification in IT is preferred.
- Some knowledge of information security and risk control frameworks such as COBiT, ISO 27001, ISO 27002.
- Knowledge of PCI DSS is preferred.
If you are interested in a new contract in Dublin please share your most recent CV and I will follow up with you.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below).com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,