The Accounts Payable Specialist will support the growth and financial success of the Company and support a work environment in which they embrace a service orientation to both internal and external contacts. They will abide by the appropriate systems and controls that are in place to adequately protect company assets.
Sarnova is the leading national specialty distributor of health care products in Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Respiratory Markets and is the industry leader in Revenue Cycle Management within Emergency Medical Services (EMS). The company operates through several market-leading companies including Tri-anim Health Services, the largest specialty distributor of respiratory products, Bound Tree Medical, the largest supplier of EMS products, EMP and Cardio Partners, a full Sudden Cardiac Arrest Solution provider, and Digitech, the leader in EMS revenue cycle management.
As a member of the Finance/Accounting department this position has a direct impact regarding cash flow and the bottom line. This role supports both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately process non-inventory invoices by obtaining approval and coding prior to entry and payment.
- Process daily check runs.
- Process check requests, as needed.
- Booking vendor related bank transactions.
- Manage vendor freight chargebacks.
- Process company credit card statements.
- Reconcile Vendor Statements.
- Creating letters to vendors.
- Handling of all vendor related calls in a positive and proactive manner that leads to improved vendor relations.
- Backup of opening mail, filing, check stuffing, scanning, indexing, etc.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned by the management of the company.
- Orientation towards service.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Sense of accountability for the results of your work.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to assign appropriate time and effort to its completion.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate any issues or problems with your supervisor on a timely basis.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Work is performed in a temperature controlled office environment.
- Employee will use computer, phone, copier/scanner and other office equipment daily.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to walk, stand or sit.
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret text.
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of staff members so classified.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Schedule: Employee will be required to work a minimum of forty (40) hours of per week with occasional overtime as needed.
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan. EEO/M/F/Veterans/Disabled