Payment Poster (Receipts Specialist)
The Payment Specialist is responsible for pulling bank totals daily, maintain a ledger and complete balance deposits. They will use Advocate's billing systems and insurance websites to complete their daily tasks. As well as meet monthly deadlines.
- Pull bank totals for each client and report to management
- Pull Lockbox and correspondence files for each client
- Download needed Explanation of Benefits from websites
- Answer all payment clarification questions from posting team
- Maintain ledger of all monthly deposits
- Balance deposits daily and monthly (month end close)
- Maintain Time of Service payment log
- Maintain batch control
- Maintain Receipts accounts
Education: High School Diploma, GED, or foreign equivalent required
Experience: 1-2 years Medical Billing experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate in a clear, professional, and timely manner
- Ability to follow through to completion on all assignments
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills, ability to stay on task with minimal supervision and to adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office Products
- Type 30-40 words per minute
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to follow procedures
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.