Optical & Telecommunication Solutions (Optical Telecom) is a wireless telecommunication design, installation & integration company based in Dallas since 2001. We are currently seeking Fiber Field Technicians/Leads for full-time employment positions to support our field operations team.
Positions and Duties:
- Fiber Optic Technicians - Level I, II, and Lead
- Install Copper / Fiber Cables, Dress, Terminate, and Test
- Dallas, TX or Houston, TX based and available for multi-overnight travel.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Use of basic hand tools & equipment.
- Installation of coaxial or fiber cabling, mounting supports and dressing of the cabling.
- Climbing and working off of a ladder.
- Ribbon Splicing and OTDR/Power Meter testing Single Mode Fiber.
- Knowledge of setting up and programing RF and Fiber Test Equipment.
- Previous working and/or hold certificates for operating scissor or boom-lift equipment.
- Capable of reading and understanding building construction drawings.
- Wall Penetrations / Floor Cores and Fire Stop.
- Installation of telecommunication equipment, racks, cabinets, cable ladder and misc. equipment, including transmission equipment, power, alarms, punch-down and dressing / labeling of components.
- Capable of physically bending, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Understanding and use of established safety requirements & procedures and/or hold OSHA certificates.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay will be based on experience level.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life.
- Paid Vacation.
- Paid holidays.
- 401K Retirement
- Travel Per Diem
Only candidates eligible to work in the United States of America and are presently Dallas-Fort Worth/Houston area residents and/or will be moving to Dallas/Houston need apply. Furthermore candidates must:
- Willing to travel up to 3 weeks at a time.
- Possess a Valid Driver License.
- Pass Background, Drug Test and MVR (driving record) Pre-Employment Screening.
• Prerequisites: Fiber Tech I or equivalent
• H.S. diploma, 2-3 years experience
• Able to pass Background Check and Drug Test
• Able to read installation manuals, blueprints, schematics
Job Type: Full-timeCompany Description
Optical Telecom is a leader in the world of Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) and offers site surveys, design, installation, testing, maintenance and project management services for DAS projects across the United States. Optical Telecom was part the installation at the Maytag manufacturing facilities in Newton, Iowa - of one of the first distributed wireless solutions in the country. Eighteen years later, Optical Telecom has one of the best, if not the best portfolios of premier DAS projects since Distributed Antenna Systems became a major force in improving wireless voice and data communications.
Wireless telecommunication is moving at lightning speed, always seeking new ways to deliver expanded coverage and services to an ever growing number of users. As the industry has progressed, so too has Optical Telecom. We have grown in size and scope, delivering projects of increasing complexity with cutting-edge technology. Our projects have been deployed in venues across the US, helping to bring wireless services to millions of users increasing productivity, reducing costs and providing unprecedented coverage.