We are the PEOPLE, who make the PRODUCTS, that BUILD YOUR WORLD
Carolina Sunrock prides itself on being a privately-held, family-owned construction materials supplier and contractor for almost 70 years. We are centrally located in the Raleigh/Durham Metro area and are fortunate to have a wealth of talent to support the growing market. Unlike many of our competitors, Sunrock is vertically integrated. We offer our customers a “one-stop shopping” experience by producing aggregates, recycled aggregates, asphalt, concrete and a full line of grading and paving contracting services. We strive to have superior relationships with our customers, employees, vendors and communities in which we operate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Grading Foreman supervises and works alongside a crew of employees and occasionally subcontractors when needed to assist in the installation and construction grading projects. The incumbent will supervise work through the planning and scheduling of work and the review and approval of tasks. The individual will practice absolute confidentiality. Good judgment and common sense is required in all duties and any other tasks as assigned. Normal work hours are the day or night shift eight (8) to fourteen (14) hours Monday through Friday. There may be weekend work depending on the contract. Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) as required. This job description provides an overview of responsibilities and task to be performed. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive job description as needs tend to change over time. The Foreman supervises and works alongside a crew of employees and occasionally subcontractors when needed to assist in the installation and construction grading or paving projects. Responsible for managing site development, safety, production methods, scheduling and completion of all worksite activities
1. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of grading or paving industry.
2. Must be experienced in managing a project to completion, on time and within budget.
3. Have proven experience of successfully managing a job site and crewmembers.
4. Ability to effectively delegate task while actively working alongside crew.
5. Flexibility and the ability to work in a fast paced environment where meeting deadlines and meeting and exceeding customer expectation are of paramount importance.
6. Must have a commitment to working safely.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience required. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Carolina Sunrock offers the following benefits:
• Paid bi-weekly-competitive pay
• 3 weeks of PTO (paid time off), plus 8 paid holidays
• Medical insurance: Company provided dental and other voluntary supplemental insurances
• 401K with company matching
• Growth opportunity