Kelaca is looking for a qualified Scala Engineer for our client partner located in Durham, NC. This position can be remote on the EST. You would like to work with enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers in an agile, international environment with a modern tech-stack (#Functionalprogramming, #GraphQL, #Scala)? Are you thrilled by getting your hands on one of the most innovative, modern eCommerce platforms the world has seen? Your heart beats Scala, you breath functional programming, you dream about solving complex problems? On top you work with passion, love clean code and like to understand the big picture? Sounds like this company is the perfect match! Modern E-Commerce solutions, built for high availability!
- Design and implement our PaaS eCommerce backend in Scala as well as their core infrastructure components like database mappings and web service APIs for high availability e-commerce
- Analyze product requirements and discuss technical approaches
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality and performance and work closely with Product Management and DevOps
- Taking part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification and at least 4 years’ experience as Software Engineer + applied work experience in Scala
- Strong communication for work in international teams
- Deep insights in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Solid understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing REST APIs and knowledge of scalable architectures (incl. sharding, replication, load balancing and fail over)
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
- Great team player & nice colleague who enjoys their working & company culture
Job Type: Full-time
Hours of Work in Office: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
Apply to Kelaca today so we can schedule a conversation with you to further discuss this exciting opportunity.
Kelaca is an Equal Employment Opportunity company and does not discriminate in employment based on: age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or other non-merit factor.