RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
The Research Computing Division of RTI International has an immediate opening for a Digital Application Developer to support the collection, processing, managing, presenting, and analyzing data. Technical experience required with .NET web development, database design, and related technologies. Activities may involve the use of open source and commercial libraries or frameworks. Developers with a broad skill set will be ideal candidates to address the technology needs of a diverse project base.
• Participate in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of systems supporting a variety of research projects.
• Develop database and data integration applications utilizing ASP.NET, MVC, C#,
• Participate in defining system requirements and testing against requirements.
• Help development teams define data architectures and data processing requirements.
• Construct solutions that integrate different technologies.
• Develop to project standards within an established software development lifecycle
• Learn new software and apply as projects require.
• Work within a team environment with other developers and staff from other disciplines.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or other related technical discipline and at least 6 years related experience, preferably working in an IT environment.
• Experience with web development stacks such as ASP.NET (with MVC, C#, Entity Framework), SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, Web Services, Azure, PHP, or other related technologies.
• Working knowledge of web frameworks/technologies and database design.
• Understanding of web-based and client/server architectures, including how systems interface
with each other.
• System troubleshooting and problem resolution experience.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
• Experience in applying and developing Free and Open-Source Software technologies.
• Experience developing applications (web or otherwise) in the context of research studies.
• Producing web interfaces by integrating User Experience design into software development or other forms of application development.
• Experience with .NET Core.
• API development