Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Newman Tours|
We’re a British-managed tour guide company that is passionate about China.
What makes us special is our eloquent and easy-to-understand native-level English speaking guides; the way in which we bring our tours to life with illustrative photos and video clips on our iPads; and the way in which we use Chinese cultural activities like water calligraphy and fortune sticks to make the experiences we offer interactive and inclusive. As a result we are not only highly thought of by tourists, expats and corporate clients alike, but are also highly acclaimed by the media. Newman Tours has been awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate Of Excellence for our Public, Private and Tailored Tours in both Shanghai and Beijing, making us the only China specialist tour company to receive the award in both cities.
|Employment Areas:||Entertainment; Hospitality; Marketing/PR; Tourism/Travel|
|Office Address:||Suites 311-313, Third Floor, Songhai Plaza, 28 Yuyuan Road, Jing'an District, Shanghai|
|ZIP / Post Code:||200040|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
1 week ago
Fast-Track Tour Guide
Beijing - ChinaTourism/Travel, Marketing/PR
Newman Tours are currently offering paid ‘Fast - Track Programmes’, for both native English speakers. All applicants must speak excellent...
Skills Needed: WHAT WE REQUIREView this Job
-Must be an excellent English speaker..
- The standard five-day working week of 40 hours will be Friday through to Tuesday or Wednesday through to Sunday. Selected applicants that sign contracts to work just three or four days a week should also preferably have availability over the weekends. Working hours will vary from 09:00 to 18:00 and 13:00 to 22:00 (with an hour for lunch or dinner) depending on tour scheduling. Given the nature of the Tour Guide industry, applicants will be expected to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility in the scheduling of their work. There may also be some paid overtime when busy.
- Must be enthusiastic, friendly and outgoing with a good knowledge of and interest in China’s history and culture.
- Must be willing to stand up and make presentations to strangers.
- Must be able to speak clearly and concisely and project your voice.
- Must have a good memory in order to remember the facts of your tours.
- Newman Tours also encourages its guides to interact and improvise with their audiences, so strong inter-personal skills, a good sense of humour and the ability to think on your feet are all extremely important.
- Performance and Tour Industry experience as well as language skills will also be advantageous.
- Must have your own laptop computer that is reasonably fast, and be willing to use it for office work.
- Must have a smart phone that is capable of running Wechat, taking photos, and recording audio.
- Must have good organisational skills, phone manner, and Microsoft Office skills.
- SEO, web design, and Adobe Illustrator skills would also be advantageous.
- Marketing experience would also be an advantage.
Fast-Track Tour Guide JobPosted by Newman Tours
1 week ago
Shanghai - ChinaTourism/Travel, Entertainment
Position: Tourism Position/s - Position: Opportunities Newman Tours - Position: Positions Newman Tours - We are offering the following...View this Job
Tourism JobPosted by Newman Tours
1 week ago
Tour Industry Internship Programme
Beijing - ChinaTourism/Travel, Hospitality
Newman Tours has an exciting new part time internship opportunities for native level speakers in Beijing, Shanghai and Xi'an. - These part...
Skills Needed: All our guides must be native English speakers or able to speak English to a native level.View this Job
Interns must commit to regularly work at least 1-2 days per week, preferably having availability over the weekends. Working hours will vary from 09:00 to 18:00 and 13:00 to 22:00 (with an hour for lunch or dinner) depending on tour scheduling. Given the nature of the Tour Guide industry, applicants will be expected to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility in the scheduling of their work. There may also be some paid overtime when busy.
The ability to speak some Mandarin Chinese will be advantageous (especially for applicants that want to be based in Xi’an or Beijing).
SEO, web design, and Adobe Illustrator skills would also be advantageous. Marketing experience would also be an advantage.
Tour Industry Internship Programme JobPosted by Newman Tours