Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Newman Tours|
|Newman Tours was established in 2010 by British entrepreneur Daniel Newman. Having graduated from the University Of Cambridge with an MPhil in Modern Chinese Studies, Daniel had lived, worked and studied in China since 2000. But during this time he had noticed that there was a distinct lack of quality information available at China’s many great historical sites. For this reason he set up Newman Tours so that people like himself who are passionate about Chinese history and culture could develop and lead tours that would enhance everyone’s understanding of the Middle Kingdom.|
|Employment Areas:||Administrative; Tourism/Travel|
|Office Address:||Donghai Plaza, 28 Yuyuan Road
Jing'an District, Shanghai
|ZIP / Post Code:||200040|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
over 3 months ago
Shanghai - ChinaTourism/Travel, Administrative
Newman Tours are currently offering paid ‘Fast - Track Programmes’, for both native English speakers and qualified Chinese guides. All...
Skills Needed: WHAT WE REQUIREView this Job
-Must be an excellent English speaker.
- Possess a valid tour guide license (导游证).
- Applicants for these Chinese Tour Guide Fast Track Positions must be willing to work for Newman Tours for a minimum of six months.
- The standard five-day working week of 40 hours will be Friday through to Tuesday or Wednesday through to Sunday. Selected applicants that sign contracts to work just three or four days a week should also preferably have availability over the weekends. Working hours will vary from 09:00 to 18:00 and 13:00 to 22:00 (with an hour for lunch or dinner) depending on tour scheduling. Given the nature of the Tour Guide industry, applicants will be expected to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility in the scheduling of their work. T may also be some paid overtime when busy.
- Must be enthusiastic, friendly and outgoing with a good knowledge of and interest in China’s history and culture.
- Must be willing to stand up and make presentations to strangers.
- Must be able to speak clearly and concisely and project your voice.
- Must have a good memory in order to remember the facts of your tours.
- Newman Tours also encourages its guides to interact and improvise with their audiences, so strong inter-personal skills, a good sense of humour and the ability to think on your feet are all extremely important.
- Performance and Tour Industry experience as well as language skills will also be advantageous.
- Must have your own laptop computer that is reasonably fast, and be willing to use it for office work.
- Must have a smart phone that is capable of running Wechat, taking photos, and recording audio.
- Must have good organisational skills, phone manner, and Microsoft Office skills.
- SEO, web design, and Adobe Illustrator skills would also be advantageous.
- Marketing experience would also be an advantage.
Tour Guide JobPosted by Newman Tours