Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Wilderness Stewardship Foundation|
We offer our interns and staff unforgettable experiences and many possibilities to expand their knowledge in conservation, stewardship and sustainability; environmental topics like forestry, wildlife, water and range. Be immersed in our land management projects that delve into a multitude of areas, relevant to ecology. In addition, you will get involved in our western lifestyle and learn a lot about the life at a wilderness ranch which includes i.e the contact to our horses and observe wild animals in the backyard.
Furthermore, we offer the opportunity for you to write your bachelor-thesis is a related field.
|Employment Areas:||Agriculture; Ecology/Conservation; Environment|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
over 2 months ago
Where Permaculture dreams - Create self-sustaining garden in remote Chilcotin Mountains
Whistler - British Columbia - CanadaEnvironment, Agriculture
Position: Where Permaculture dreams come true - Create a self - sustaining garden in remote Chilcotin Mountains - Hi there! We are a...
Skills Needed: If you’re passionate about nature and gardening and the description below speaks to you, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Ideally, you …View this Job
- have previous knowledge about permaculture (degree, certification or by references, like pictures of your garden etc. if it is self-acquired knowledge)
- have time and commitment to not only start designing the garden but also oversee and implement all ideas for a minimum of 6 months, which is the usual growing season in this area
- have autonomous organizational skills in order to create a plan and implement achievable steps
- desire to work both, independently, as well as in a team where tasks and ideas can be shared
- are willing to create a guideline to help future volunteers understand permaculture principles and implement techniques to ensure that the garden will remain productive in the future
- care more about the opportunity to implement sustainability practices and the opportunity to create a project that will help spread the word about permaculture and inspire our guests and peers to start growing their own veggies and herbs using permaculture techniques
- can obtain either a Working Holiday Visa or a university or COOP-visa as part of the legal requirements to work in Canada if you’re not a Canadian citizen
- are willing to relocate and live in a remote location, where the closest town is a two hour drive away
- are seeking to live in a supportive community that seeks for personal growth and lives for a higher purpose!
Where Permaculture dreams - Create self-sustaining garden in remote Chilcotin Mountains JobPosted by Wilderness Stewardship Foundation
over 2 months ago
Internship and volunteer
Whistler - British Columbia - CanadaEcology/Conservation, Environment
Position: Internship and volunteer positions in Wilderness Stewardship Foundation - Are you seeking hands - on experiences in conservation...
Skills Needed: Your responsibilities include:View this Job
- Ensuring the implementation of the foundation's mission and objectives
- Coordinating stewardship and resource management projects
- Developing citizen science projects for the collection of wildlife data
- Data collection and analyses
- Responding to consultations and referrals
- Organizing the recruitment and involvement of research
- Organizing meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Conveying progress, issues and challenges to the board of directors
- Live and support our company culture
Internship and volunteer JobPosted by Wilderness Stewardship Foundation