Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia|
Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia is the regional organization in South Hampton Roads that supports and enriches the lives of seniors and their caregiver families. For almost half a century, we’ve changed the lives of tens of thousands of the region’s seniors for the better, by providing easy access to high-quality programs and services designed to help individuals age in place in their own communities.
We offer Age Readiness Community Planning and Advocacy; Care Coordination, In-Home Services and Meals on Wheels; I-Ride transportation; Wellness Centers and Personal Health Education; Medicare Benefits Counseling and Informational Seminars; and Ombudsman services to help individuals and families deal with issues in long-term care facilities.
|Office Address:||6350 Center Drive Suite 101|
|ZIP / Post Code:||23502|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
over 3 months ago
Chief Operating Officer
Norfolk - Virginia - USANon-Profit, Management
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK - The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all SSSEVA...
Skills Needed: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESView this Job
• Knowledge in the field of aging, of related program developments, of available resources, and of legislative action affecting older persons.
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
• Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
• Track record of effectively leading a direct service organize with a complex array of programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas; excellent project management skills.
• Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
• Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development.
• Past experience managing human resources function including personnel, compensation, and recruiting.
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
• Fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
• Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in such fields as Public Administration, Business Administration or related fields required, Master’s Degree preferred.
• Five (5) years full-time paid employment in the area of public administration, of which one year must have been in working in senior program management.
Chief Operating Officer JobPosted by Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia