Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Chabaso Bakery|
|Chabaso is a family-owned bakery that specializes in ciabattas and other artisan breads. All our breads feature long fermentation times for flavor and texture, carefully sourced non-GMO ingredients, and hearth oven baking. We consider ourselves Bakers for a better world and offer our employees great benefits and growth opportunities.|
|Employment Areas:||Food Processing; Hospitality; Manufacturing; Production; Skilled Labor/Trades|
|Office Address:||360 James Street|
|ZIP / Post Code:||06513|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
3 weeks ago
Packer 3rd shift
North Haven - Connecticut - USASkilled Labor/Trades, Hospitality
SUMMARY: - Perform routine duties to prepare product for shipment by packing fresh or frozen bread into bags/boxes, or auto - packing for...
Skills Needed: COMPETENCIES:View this Job
• Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
• Thorough in accomplishing tasks.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment as pace is determined by speed of equipment
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Able to document/record Information in written form.
• Able to use basic computer controls.
Packer 3rd shift JobPosted by Chabaso Bakery
over one month ago
New Haven - Connecticut - USAProduction, Food Processing
Position: Bakery 2nd Shift - Position: Baker - JOB DESCRIPTION - SUMMARY: - Perform a variety of duties to bake all products for DSD and...
Skills Needed: QUALIFICATIONS:View this Job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Knowledge of production processes, bread and dough properties, and quality control. Basic math skills. Over 1 year and up to 3 years of job training.
• Working knowledge of production machines, particularly ovens.
• Knowledge of dough properties and processing.
• Basic mechanical ability and understanding of interrelated parts of machinery.
• Attention to detail, accuracy and attaining standards is a must.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment as pace is determined by speed of equipment.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Able to document/record information — entering, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written form.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position performs physical activities that require:
Significant time standing and moving about production areas.
Considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, reaching and stooping, continuously moving very light weight material (1 to 5 lbs.) and frequently moving light weight (5-25 lbs.) occasionally in difficult positions , balancing, moving about production areas.
Handling and Moving Objects — Use of hands and arms in coordination to handle, position, and move materials, and manipulate things. Manual dexterity and fingering are required.
Near vision—see objects at close range. Visual color discrimination.
Reaction Time — the ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to production situations.
Able to read, comprehend, and convey information in Basic English. Bilingual preferred.
MENTAL DEMANDS AND REASONING ABILITIES:
• Identifying and comparing objects, actions, and events — Identify information, categorizing, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
• Problem Sensitivity — Able to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing t is a problem.
• Monitor Self, Processes, Materials, or Surroundings — regularly review performance, materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems or take corrective action.
• Monitoring Operations—watching production indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
• Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to determine alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Quality Control Analysis — conducting inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Bakery JobPosted by Chabaso Bakery