Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Ten Thousand Villages of Greensboro|
For 70 years, Ten Thousand Villages has been cultivating trading relationships in which artisans receive a fair price for their work and consumers have access to distinctive handcrafted items. We seek to establish long-term buying relationships in places where skilled artisans are under- or unemployed, and in which they lack other opportunities for income. As a founding member of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO), Ten Thousand Villages sees fair trade as an alternative approach to conventional international trade.
Ten Thousand Villages of Greensboro has been the premier Fair Trade retailer in the Triad of North Carolina since 2004. At our convenient new location on Battleground Avenue, we are proud to offer a wide variety of artisan-crafted home decor, personal accessories, and gifts from more than 130 artisan groups in 40 countries around the world. We currently have 2 staff members, 12 board members, and over 50 volunteers.
|Employment Areas:||Non-Profit; Retail|
|Office Address:||2917B Battleground Ave|
|ZIP / Post Code:||27408|
|State:||NC North Carolina|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
over 3 months ago
Greensboro - North Carolina - USANon-Profit, Retail
Ten Thousand Villages is hiring a Sales Associate at our store in Greensboro, NC. - Successful candidates will have excellent customer...
Skills Needed: Preferred Experience/Knowledge/Education/Skills/Abilities:View this Job
• 1-2 years customer service and retail sales experience
• Self -motivated, outgoing, energetic and enjoy working with people
• Basic arithmetic and data entry skills
• Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to communicate clearly and be a participant of a driven store team
• Ability to attractively display merchandise according to company guidelines
• Commitment to maintaining compliance with company dress codes and policies
• Able to work at least two weekends a month, evenings, and must be available to work during the Holidays.
• This job operates in a standard retail environment not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
• Standing for extended periods and walking for short periods of time, and the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work or to make general observations of facilities are required.
• This role requires the ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, finger, grasp, and feel objects of varying textures and size. Repetitive motion occurs frequently, hearing and talking abilities are required constantly, and the ability to lift and move objects up to 30 pounds is required frequently and up to 50 pounds is required occasionally.
Sales Associate JobPosted by Ten Thousand Villages of Greensboro