Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Okavango Air Rescue|
Okavango Air Rescue
Okavango Air Rescue (OAR) is a privately-owned aeromedical rescue organisation bringing service delivery to the government health sector as well as private individuals. It is based in Maun and Gaborone, Botswana.
Botswana is a large and sparsely populated middle-income country in Southern Africa with high-level care (e.g. ICU/NICU and Neurosurgery) available at only two sites in the country therefore depending on aeromedical transport.
Maun Medical Centre (MMC), the clinic affiliated with OAR, delivers first line health care, radiology (US+X-RAY), a one-bed emergency room, a procedure room as well as a three-bed holding facility and it has access to modern laboratory facilities.
OAR/MMC’s services consist of:
- Inter-hospital critical care transport utilizing a pressurized fixed wing aeroplane
- Pre-hospital medical care and medevac services by medical helicopter
- A clinic with an emergency holding facility as well as first line/GP healthcare delivery
We are offering an amazing variety of work opportunities which are beyond the average scope of practice of a general practitioner.
|Employment Areas:||Doctor/Physician; Healthcare|
|Office Address:||Matiba Road, Plot 448, "The Village", Maun|
|ZIP / Post Code:||0000|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
over 3 months ago
General Practitioner Emergency Medicine
Maun - BotswanaHealthcare, Doctor/Physician
Position: General Practitioner with Emergency Medicine Experience - As a Physician of OAR, you will be working in aeromedical retrieval in...
Skills Needed: As a Physician for OAR you have to be able to function at a high level of independence, cope with unexpected situations and be a strong team member. Furthermore, you have to deal with irregular working times and communicate effectively with doctors from different specialties and cultural backgrounds.
Your skills shall include:
- At least 2 years post residency training
- Critical care management of airway, ventilation and circulatory problems
- Valid ACLS/APLS/ATLS & Aviation Health care provider courses
- International working experience in a resource limited environment is desirable