Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Kawasaki Rail Car, Inc.|
Delivering the Reliability of the Kawasaki Brand to the United States
Kawasaki is Japan’s leading manufacturer of rolling stock. Since it began operations in 1906, the company has produced a succession of vehicles that have left their mark on railway history, including Japan’s first privately made steam locomotive and first aluminum alloy train. From express and commuter trains to locomotives, freight cars, monorails, and new transit systems, Kawasaki is engaged in a broad range of business. Within these product areas, the company performs development, design, and manufacturing of high-speed trains such as the well-known Shinkansen, leveraging advance technologies such as aerodynamics expertise of its Aerospace Division.
Kawasaki’s engineering expertise has always provided innovation. Kawasaki's state of the art technologies make it possible to achieve new levels of safety, reliability and comfort. Reliability that has exceeded customer specifications and expectations and have provided our customers savings in maintaining and operating their vehicles.
From its Hyogo Works main factory and two manufacturing sites, in Lincoln, Nebraska and Yonkers, New York, the company delivers Kawasaki brand rolling stock to the U.S., which provide solutions for the many challenges facing our customers.
Kawasaki is committed to delivering rolling stock that has become vital to Transit Agencies and people’s daily lives that are sustainable and environmentally friendly.
|Employment Areas:||Administrative/Clerical; Engineering; IT/Tech; Maintenance/Cleaning; Manufacturing|
|Office Address:||29 Wells Ave - Yonkers - New York|
|ZIP / Post Code:||10701|
|State:||NY New York|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
over 3 months ago
Rail Car Technician
Yonkers - New York - USAManufacturing, Maintenance/Cleaning
Job Description - A Rail Car Technician performs work efficiently in at least two (2) of the four assignment areas identified below. Rail...
Skills Needed: Job Specifications:
Must have at minimum three (3) years work experience in a mechanical field. Must know how to use safely and correctly hand and power tools. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must be able to interpret drawings/blueprints. Must be proficient in English measurement system and be able to learn the Metric measurement system within a specified period of time. Must be capable of working in an active manufacturing environment, be able to climb stairs and ladders, and be able to lift, push, or pull at maximum 40 pounds.
over 3 months ago
Lead Technical Trainer/ Writer
Yonkers - New York - USAEngineering, IT/Tech
Job Description: - • Leads Kawasaki training efforts in the field, including: - • Drafts training materials based on vendor data, draft...
Skills Needed: Education:
• BA or BS degree required.
• Formal technical training (i.e. Military Electronic Courses) a plus.
• Minimum, five (5) years experience conducting technical training. Prior rail car experience strongly preferred.
• Flexible approach to problem solving in the field.
• Able to travel a minimum of 20%.
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Adobe FrameMaker and/or Vector graphics (CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator or AutoCAD) experience a plus.
over 3 months ago
Function Test Technician
Yonkers - New York - USAMaintenance/Cleaning, Engineering
Description: - Performs all aspects of work on rail cars being processed through the Yonkers Facility and Commissioning Sites. This...
Skills Needed: Job Specification:
Must have, at a minimum, the following:
• Previous work experience in the electrical or mechanical testing field.
• High school diploma or equivalent, technical school or associates in the engineering field preferred.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
• Ability to read and understand blue-prints and mechanical drawings
• Proficiency with all basic hand tools
• Ability to use a multi-meter
• Must be proficient with the English measurement system and be able to learn the Metric measurement system within a specified amount of time.
• Capable of working under pressure with specific deadlines
• Able to work flexible hours, any shift,
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders, and able to lift, push, or pull a maximum of 40 lbs.
• Comfortable working in a rail yard environment.
• Willing to travel on business trips or field assignments.
• Familiar with MS office applications.
over 3 months ago
Systems Integration Engineer
Yonkers - New York - USAIT/Tech, Maintenance/Cleaning
Job Description: - 1. Identifies technical issues in relation to system design and integration - 2. Discerns technical problems, plans...
Skills Needed: Qualifications:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or other related engineering or science fields; a Master’s degree is a plus
2. Must have three(3) to five(5) years of experience in the rail industries or closely related fields in the capacity of system designing, systems integration or, project engineering
3. A Professional Engineer (PE) certification a plus as a proof of additional competency
1. Practical knowledge in both electrical and mechanical engineering
2. A proactive problem solver on any issue, both technical and non-technical
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Excellent schedule management and task management skills
5. A team player
6. A strong determination to complete projects which may span for several years
7. Able to travel for business to various domestic and international destinations
8. Be available outside of the normal business hours when required
9. Practical experiences in using the federal regulations and other official standards (e.g. AAR, APTA, IEEE, ASME, EN, MIL, etc.) for the U.S. rail market a plus
10. English/Japanese bilingual verbal and written skills at a business level a plus
over 3 months ago
Yonkers - New York - USAManufacturing, Administrative/Clerical
Position: Contract Administration Specialist - Contract Administration Responsibilities: - • Coordinate with Marketing Staff commercial...
Skills Needed: Qualification:
Associates or Bachelor’s degree. Previous experience working in Contract Administration and/or Project management. Must be able to coordinate administrative activities and effectively meet project deadlines. Must be capable of maintaining an orderly user-friendly electronic and paper filing system. Must be well skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and Power Point. Must be knowledgeable of cost information including bids, payment requisitions, reporting systems and change orders. Must be a self-starter, have strong problem-solving skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.