Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Global Psychiatric Epidemiology Group - Columbia University Medical Center|
The global psychiatric epidemiology group (gpeg) is directed by christina w. Hoven, drph, mph. It is a multidisciplinary (including epidemiology, psychology, medical geography, psychiatry, etc.) research group, focused on understanding the development of psychiatric disorders and substance use by studying children as they mature.
Research is conducted both nationally and internationally, with funding from the national institutes of health (nida, nimh, nichd, etc.), cdc, the european union, and more. The objectives of our investigations are to produce population-based knowledge that is generalizable, and inclusive of under-served and high-need groups, especially those of high public health relevance.
The global psychiatric epidemiology group has three major areas of research:
1. Children of parents involved with the criminal justice system;
2. Children exposed to the 9/11 attack;
3. International research on suicide and school mental health.
|Employment Areas:||Non-Profit; Research/Development|
|Office Address:||1051 Riverside Drive|
|City:||New York City|
|ZIP / Post Code:||10032|
|State:||NY New York|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
over one month ago
Field Research Intern/ Bilingual Spanish
New York City - New York - USAResearch/Development, Non-Profit
Position: Field Research Intern/ Bilingual Spanish students - General Description: - Located at the New York State Psychiatric Institute...
Skills Needed: Skills & Qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from different cultural, economic and geographic backgrounds with varying degrees of stress and familial hardship
• Ability to handle confidential materials and sensitive information in a highly ethical fashion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management, organization, and attention to detail
• Ability to effectively conduct structured interviews in person
• Demonstration of initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness in working effectively on multiple projects
• Excellent general computer proficiency and willingness to learn new software
• Bilingual Spanish students (i.e. speaking, reading, and writing) strongly encouraged to apply
• Licensed drivers encouraged (with or without personal vehicle)