Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Association on Aging with Developmental Disabilities (AADD)|
|AADD provides support to adults of all ages with developmental disabilities, with an emphasis on those age 50 years and older. Through our direct services, AADD's overarching goals are to assist individuals in maintaining their independence and support them in continuing to be active members of their communities and to prevent entry into unnecessary long-term care placement and premature death in individuals who are aging with developmental disabilities. In response, all AADD programs have a common goal to provide necessary training to assist individuals in achieving a greater independence in the home and community while aging in place. AADD is a one of a kind organization in the United States, serving four counties in Missouri through ongoing programs and providing consultation and education beyond the geographical service area.|
|Office Address:||2385 Hampton Avenue
Saint Louis, MO
|ZIP / Post Code:||63139|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
over 3 months ago
Direct Support Professionals
Saint Louis - Missouri - USANon-Profit, Education
AADD is looking for respectful and caring people to engage, protect, and teach adults with developmental disabilities for openings...
Skills Needed: Bachelor's Degree with five years of developmental disability experience is preferred.
Candidates must have the ability to:
· Support individuals in developing communication and social skills while addressing challenging behaviors.
· Demonstrate good judgment, discretion and confidentiality.
· Work independently, take initiative, and self-manage.
· Facilitate a team atmosphere utilizing a person-centered philosophy.
· Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms.
· Apply conflict resolution skills with others involved in the individual’s life.
· Communicate with coworkers and individuals to create your schedule.
· Complete and submit required documentation in a timely manner.
· Develop, coordinate and implement goals as outlined in the ISP.
· Attend and participate in training in-services.
· Obtain and maintain knowledge and certifications in the areas of safety procedures and general health care to include but not limited to: CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions, Mandt Training.
· Obtain and maintain a valid Chauffeur’s License.
· Assist individuals to identify and achieve their goals through advocacy, support and teaching.
· Develop positive relationships with individuals.
· Provide people with a variety of experiences to help them enhance and generalize their knowledge and skills.
· Assist individuals with making informed decisions.