Apply for Jobs Online - Employer Profile
|Company / Business Name:||Centennial School District|
The Centennial School District is a suburban community bridging the cities of Portland and Gresham, Oregon. Downtown Portland, Portland International Airport and Mt. Hood Community College is all within a 20-minute drive. A primarily suburban district with strong community support, Centennial passed a $65 million school construction bond in the spring of 2020, allowing the district to update facilities, renovate classrooms, update safety and security systems, and improve energy efficiency throughout the district. In addition, the district received approximately $7.5 million in matching funds from the state of Oregon.
The Centennial School District was created from two former K-8 elementary districts (Lynch and Pleasant Valley) and the high school those students attended Centennial. Residents voted in 1976 to combine the two districts and the high school, which previously was part of the Gresham Union High School District. The new K-12 district was named Centennial in recognition of the nation’s bi-centennial celebration.
|Employment Areas:||Accounting; Finance|
|Office Address:||18135 SE Brooklyn St|
|ZIP / Post Code:||97236|
|Phone:||See the relevant job posting below for the correct number (if available).|
Job Listings for this Employer:
over one month ago
Gresham - Oregon - USAAccounting, Finance
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT/S: The position of Accountant is primarily responsible for helping to prepare and ensuring the accuracy of the...
Skills Needed: JOB REQUIREMENTS – QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience Required: A minimum of three years experience in governmental or business accounting. Five or more years of experience performing similar tasks preferred.
• Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field (Business Administration) required, Master’s Degree in Accounting or a related field and/or a CPA or like certification preferred.
• Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- Skills in interpersonal communication (oral and written), to use computers in support of the accounting function, manage personnel and services, communicate effectively, problem solve and maintain records.
- Knowledge of educational support services and operations.
- Abilities to serve as a productive member of a work team, sit for prolonged periods, work with minimal supervision, think logically, be attentive to detail, supervise others, utilize problem solving methodology. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing, near visual acuity.
- Ability to speak a second language preferred.
• Testing Required: Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance.
All applicants need through TalentEd Recruit & Hire ((Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)) with the following documents uploaded:
• Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
• Current Resume
• Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
• Unofficial Transcripts (If employed, the applicant will be required to submit official transcripts)