We are seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team! You will oversee the activities of a team of production workers.
- Directs the work of up to 20 unionized, production employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, the collective bargaining agreement and applicable laws.
- Ensures goods produced and packaged meet quality standards.
- Coordinates with Production Planning and Shipping Departments to ensure production plan will meet required output. Communicates with Sales and other departments as required.
- Administers disciplinary policy and handles step 1 grievances.
- Ensures safety standards are met and conducts Safety meetings for assigned employees.
- Responsible for time and attendance tracking of assigned employees.
- Data entry of production and related information into Company system and applications.
- Responsible for quality assurance of various steel roll formed products. Products vary in width, length, weight and color identification.
- Ability to make minor adjustments to production machinery and equipment, as required.
- Interprets specifications, prints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties
- May direct the work of maintenance employees working within area of responsibility
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) in Business; or equivalent form two-year College or technical school and one or more years related experience and education.
- Experience in manufacturing industry required. Experience in steel fabrication or roll forming highly desirable.
- Experience operating machinery and equipment in a manufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Experience supervising in a unionized environment required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be computer literate with demonstrated proficiency with production control management systems, word processing, spreadsheets, database, inventory, internet and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint
Marino\WARE/Norbet Trucking, is a leading developer and Transporter of steel framing products, providing superior building materials and engineering capabilities. We pride ourselves on providing the fastest delivery and the finest service in the industry, along with a team that is second to none!
Marino/WARE has successfully operated on uncompromising standards for over 70 years.