Interface with current customers and new prospects through phone, email and in-person meetings to sell assigned products and services. Assist in office-based sales operations to include; fulfill quotes; coordination and execution of trade show activity for the CT based office; develop and oversee local marketing campaigns; assist in the service coordination and dispatch role as needed; assist in shipping, receiving and inventory upkeep as directed.
- Demonstration of our core values at all times
- Fulfill inbound quote requests from new and existing customers
- Make outbound cold calls as directed and setting in-person sales appointments
- Use of CRM software and adherence to sales management policies
- Field inbound phone calls
- Service Order creation
- Trade show coordination and execution
- Develop and manage local marketing and business development campaigns
- Oversight and management of State contracts
- Oversight and awareness of State, Town and local municipality bids
- Inside sales support as needed
- Knowledge of and ability to dispatch and schedule technicians if needed
- Shipping and receiving as needed
- Maintain and renew customer Service and Maintenance Contracts
- Ability to work our regular business hours (8am to 5pm) and occasionally before or after hours for trade shows and meetings
- Primarily local office based, able to travel within the CT, MA, RI territory as needed
- Willing to travel to the Congers, NY office as directed for training meetings
High School Diploma
- Ability to work independently and as an active member of a team
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
- Proven background providing excellent customer service
- Strong multitasking, time management and prioritization skills
- Good interpersonal skills as communication will be required
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative are preferred
- Strong foundation and understanding of technology
- Ability to research, generate and qualify leads
- Ability to follow a detailed process
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Acceptance of rejection and calm under pressure
- Self-motivated and directed
- Energetic, outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people
- Ability to ask the right questions and extract information in conversation
- Ability to develop, maintain and nurture relationships with customers
- To make Goosetown Communications best in class by any measure;
- By ensuring by any and all means (legally) necessary the needs of our customers (whatever they may be) are served effectively and efficiently, consistent with the needs and standards of our company.
- By ensuring the sales objectives and company objectives are always first and foremost in our employee’s minds;
- By making our sales department in to the kind of place where the best and most competent people want to work;
- By making certain that our team members are the main reason why the best people want to work here;
- By making this into an organization that people want to work with;
- By being a spokesperson for our mission inside and outside the organization and being an ambassador;
- By establishing what are considered impossible goals and equipping our team to accomplish them;
- By exceeding the needs and aspirations of all stakeholders, our customers, our team members and especially our sales people;
- By eliminating any good reason for our customers to not be happy;
- By becoming a role model for learning growth and change and ensuring a system to obviate problems;
- By becoming a steward of this organizations cause and purpose and ensuring all team members become stewards as well
5 Core Values of Goosetown Communications
- Do the right thing both for the customer, our company and what is morally and ethically correct.
- Exhibit relentless dedication to the company, our team, our mission and our customers.
- Never be satisfied with the quality of your work, personal and professional development. Always seek improvement and increase your individual capabilities.
- Be an independent problem solver but know when to ask for help and whom to ask. Don’t be afraid to ask. If you don’t know, you don’t know. Make sure you try your best first.
- Take extreme ownership of everything you do and that you’re responsible for. If it’s not getting done, take ownership of it and see it through. Be the change you want to see.
Please complete our Culture Index for your resume to be considered: