We are looking for an analytical, self-motivated, critical thinker to join our dynamic team as a Profitability Analyst. The Profitability Analyst must possess strong analytical, administrative and organizational skills. This role requires the ability to query and manipulate SQL databases, interpret data, assess trends and trajectories and make recommendations to Leadership to support strategic planning, business decisions and developing marketing platforms across the Organization.
Direct Supervisor: Best Sphere Director
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze and interpret store-level financial data
- Develop and perform product or customer level profitability analysis and performance tracking to support strategic decisions on existing products, new product development, marketing campaigns, and other product-related profitability decisions.
- Identify, clean, validate, and transform data into meaningful insight to help solve relevant business problems based on store-level financial data.
- Work with a product owner to build custom reports (SSRS, JasperReports/iReport, etc.) to make data and analytics available to end-users.
- Occasionally perform ad-hoc reporting to answer specific inquiries.
- Complete monthly reports (charts, data, and graphs) in a timely and accurate manner like monthly summary KPI meetings
- Review findings, isolate points of opportunity, trends, trajectories, and areas of business and market potential
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform ROI analysis on products, equipment & inventory.
- Ability to forecast product performance based on previous trends & market analysis.
- Ability to extrapolate individual financial data to market & systemwide KPIs.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field preferred. With proper education, no experience is required; however, one year of relevant experience is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and experience with database systems such as:
- MySQL / MariaDB
- SQL Server
- AWS RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – proven ability to generate graphs/charts along with a strong skillset to put together presentations for executive-level reporting.
- Familiarity or experience analytics and visualization tools like:
- Power BI
- AWS Quicksight
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills including professional grammar and demeanor
- Ability to adapt to constant change and innovation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Desire to improve self/area/company (including pursing additional training, if needed)
- Ability to demonstrate personal accountability, take ownership of work, learned concepts
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up-to 20 pounds frequently.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.