By applying for thisjob offer, you are applying for a military job.
The ship operations room is a key office as it providesthe necessary information for the commander to take enlighteneddecisions. Sonar operators use acoustic buoys and data transmissionsystems to gather and evaluate oceanographic or acoustic data. Theymay be employed during anti-submarine operations.
Before applying, it is strongly recommendedto look at the online descriptive information as well as the videofor your selected trade:(Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/FAC324E3
- Operate all active and passive sonars, sonarsimulators, communication equipment, bathythermograph equipment,sonobuoys and data transmission systems
- Perform function checks on equipment by using built-intest equipment, integrated test equipment, and basic on-line faultdiagnostic procedures
- Assist in thedevelopment of command decisions by compiling and analyzing sonarand intelligence data
- Gather, evaluate andidentify the significant features of oceanographic data
- Convert analyzed oceanographic and acoustic data intocomprehensive reports
- Maintain status boards,charts and watchkeeping records, as well as geographical,operational and tactical plots
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteedsince you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if youonly want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be analternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypicalschedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience ofthe member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1,2017. To know more about the rates of pay:.
You can apply for this position if you meetat least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 56 years old
- To be a Canadian citizen
- To havecompleted at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained acertificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); ORHave acquired General Educational Development (GED).