Position Overview: Carries out a variety of physical activities on the well servicing or elsewhere on the well site as directed by the customer or well operator. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Performs initial completions, remedial or downhole maintenance operations
- Assists in servicing of gas and oil wells; transports rig and other vehicles to locations, rigs up/down, pulls/runs tubing, rods or casing
- Assists in removing or installing well head and associated equipment
- Lifts, attaches, installs, and works with matting boards and associated well equipment such as rod strippers, polish rods and pumps
- Operates rod wrenches, tongs, elevators and other associated rig tools and equipment during well
- Assists with spooling or unspooling guy lines, placing and operating hydraulic jacks, and placing of emergency and safety gear
- Maintains tubing, rod tongs and hand tools on the rig
- Unscrews or tightens pipe, casing, tubing, and pump rods, using hand and power wrenches and tongs
- Dismantles and repairs oil field machinery using hand tools and power tools
- Cleans up spills
- Keeps pipe deck and main deck areas orderly
- Reports safety hazards, accidents or maintenance issues to rig operator or supervisor
- Drives company vehicles over various types of road conditions and terrains, including highways, rural roads including paved and gravel surfaces, and off road situations including two track roads as needed
- May work in shop or yard as required
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid DL
- Knowledge of basic mechanical functions
- Basic problem solving and organizational skills
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, handling multiple tasks at same time
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Clean driving record
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Position requires long periods of standing and sitting and the ability to work long hours if necessary
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions.
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment.
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery.
Not Your Typical Oil Field Service Company:
AJ's Services, LLC is a father/son owned oil company, with an established and growing reputation in South Central Kansas. The family is currently in their 5th-Generation in the El Dorado oil industry. AJ's offers a family-friendly, enjoyable work atmosphere and provides advancement opportunities for individuals who are humble and hard working.
AJ's Core Values Are:
- Hard Work
For full-time employees, AJ's Provides:
- Competitive Compensation (based on experience)
- Health Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Supplemental Accident Insurance Benefits
- Paid Time Off (starting at 12 months of employment)
- Company Match IRA
- Annual Reimbursements for Boots & Overalls
- Performance-based bonuses & incentives
- Company Uniforms
- Paid Holidays (Christmas & Thanksgiving)
- Unlimited Supply of Caffeine
- Involved, Caring Owners who are 100% committed to helping you grow!
Drug Free Environment - Consistent Work Schedule - Overtime Available - Established and Growing Company
Check out our website: .ajsservices.net