The Billing Associate will support all billing and credentialing activities. They will coordinate and communicate with numerous parties (internal and external) including but not limited to patients, third-party payers, clinical teams, patient support staff, finance and Community Health Net’s third-party billing/ credentialing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with patient entry and obtaining accurate data for processing claims on a timely basis.
- Provides follow-up on encounter completion and provider tasking.
- Supports all billing activities including coordination with the billing/ credentialing team on deposits, patient receipts, claim processing, encounter, and third-party payer information.
- Supports all credentialing activities including coordination with the billing/ credentialing team and completion of necessary credentialing information for the third-party payers.
- Provides patient support services in accordance with best practices and in support of CHN’s mission.
- Identifies outstanding denial/ payer issues and coordinates resolution with appropriate parties.
- Provides follow-up on outstanding accounts receivable and collection duties as necessary.
- Participation in recurring meetings with the billing/ credentialing team, including coordination and resolution of outstanding items.
- Coordinates reporting needs for the billing/ credentialing team and other parties as necessary.
- Supports the reporting and reconciliation of the Medicare credit balances and the DHS wraparound reports.
- Provides productivity data and reporting as requested.
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management, word and spreadsheet processing.
Collaborates with operational/ clinical staff on training as necessary on various topics including but not limited to registration/ demographics, encounter completion, Sliding Fee Discount Program, Migrant Farmworker program, Ryan White and Healthcare for Homeless billing.
Provides coverage for other Finance duties as necessary.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
High school diploma (or GED equivalent) with two (2) years applicable experience or Associate/ Bachelor’s degree.
Certification in Billing and Coding preferred.
Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
Demonstrated ability to create reports and spreadsheets.
Demonstrated ability to respond to inquiries in a tactful and courteous manner.
Demonstrated ability to perform duties independently with minimal supervision and to exercise proper judgment.
Understanding of clinical terminology is required.
Please (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below).com