Seeking Engineering Technician/Inspector for a Professional services firm and growing Inspection team serving VA/DC/MD. Candidate must be an experienced Commercial/Residential Inspector with structural steel inspections and construction materials testing capabilities.
- Job site visits: Perform Commercial and/or Residential inspections at construction projects to assure work performed by the contractor complies with the approved plans and specifications
o Subgrade checks, footing, foundation walls, slabs (on grade, structural, and post tensioned), waterproofing, structural steel, fireproofing, and other special inspections as required
o Perform post construction inspections and forensic engineering including soil settlement, damage to foundations, walls, structural steel, wood framing, roof trusses, etc.
- Testing: Perform soil, aggregate, concrete, masonry, asphalt, and fireproofing observations and testing along with sample retrieval
- Reporting: Prepare inspections reports using required jurisdictional forms as well as assessment reports for special projects
- Communication/Coordination: Extensive interaction with clients, colleagues, city and county building inspectors, general contractors, sub-contractors and QA/QC personnel
- HS Diploma (college preferred)
- Solid working knowledge of construction inspections &materials testing
- Land development knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years field experience
- WACEL, VDOT, ACI, IBC, IRC certifications
- Drivers license with a satisfactory driving record
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to recognize potential issues with inspections, site testing, and client relations for effective and timely resolution
Want to join a successful firm that has been providing professional services in the construction industry for more than 40 years? Forward resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers