The electrical repair technician is responsible for troubleshooting and repair of electrical failures and wiring new bodies to the chassis.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities: (subject to revision at any time)
- Operates safety equipment and uses safe work habits while performing his job function.
- Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notifies supervisors.
- Recognizes, set up, and operates hand and power tools common to the electrical repair function.
- Will lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Ability to work within a team work environment.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in garbage truck control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Perform maintenance and repair of electrical components in garbage truck cabs or electrical compartments.
- Ability to wire new body to chassis in a timely and safe manner.
- Must help clean shop area every Friday.
Education and Experience
- Needs knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Needs knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Must determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Responsible to manage how much time he uses on a project
- Needs to be able to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Basic math and reading, forklift/material handling, knowledge of AISC practices
- Should have experience performing a variety of electrical tasks and electrical maintenance on heavy equipment.
- Must use phone to talk with manufacturer to help troubleshoot issue.
- Able to read and understand wiring schematics
- Valid driver’s license, speak/write/read English, ability to pass drug screen, and background check.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communicates with Service Manager on the job status, daily activities and unsafe conditions of equipment.
- Must always wear personal protective equipment while welding including, but not limited to, gloves and uniform.
- Needs the ability to make precise coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Responsibility for wearing all protective outerwear and gear is the employee’s responsibility to ensure their own safety.
- These responsibilities date back to the time of your hire date.
Working conditions/physical requirements
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently is required to stand, talk and hear.
- Required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to perform very heavy work—routinely lift 25 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb.
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
- Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work indoors & outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Talk to and hear customers/co-workers.
- Responsible for wearing safety equipment while on the job.
- Arrive by 8:00 am with uniform and ready to start work.
- Work from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with 15 minute paid break (10:30 am to 10:45 am),half hour unpaid lunch (1:00 pm to 1:30 pm), and occasional overtime may be required.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.Company Description
Established business, family owned and operated since 1954. Specializing in the sales, parts and service of refuse and recycling equipment bodies.