TalentRemedy is supporting a government contractor who is seeking an HR Assistant with a background working in the Federal Government for a fast-paced, energetic, federal agency based in Falls Church, VA. An HR Assistant applies logic to operational scenarios and is responsible for learning the basic operational processes on the team. Once trained, the assistant should begin to develop the ability to work independently to complete the following types of work: payroll documents, statement of earnings and leave correction submissions, prepare and mail debt letters, prepare and mail length of service awards, and scan documents into eOPF. You should also have the ability to collaborate with others to determine the resolution to inquiries.
· Assist with onboarding of new employees explaining pay, personnel, benefits forms and elections. Review pre-employment documents to ensure requirements/documents of appointment are complete and accurate;
· Processes personnel action and other personnel/pay transactions in an on-line pay and personnel system;
· Track electronic tickler notices for various time-sensitive personnel transaction to
provide notification to appropriate program official to take timely action;
· Scan official documents, standard forms, etc. in employee’s EOPF. Initiate request to transfer in EOPF for current or former federal employees; and, respond to request to transfer EOPF(s) to other federal agencies or the federal records center for separation employees;
· Assists with processing payroll forms and benefits election/changes; reviewing employee’s civilian and military service history and inputting and calculating service computation dates for leave and retirement purposes in an automated system and/or manually; and
· Perform office administrative functions (mail, front desk receptionist coverage, supplies), typing memos/letters and managing case files for Senior HR Staffing Specialist; and maintaining internal tracking system which is an essential part of monitoring classification/recruitment actions.
· One to two years’ (1 to 2) experience working in a federal government agency office environment providing technical and clerical support to senior HR staff in processing and records maintenance, retirement and benefits processing, staffing and placement processing.
· Must be a US Citizen and ability to obtain a security clearance
· High School degree
· Communicate orally in order to request additional information
· Skill in using a personal computer and software programs in an office environment to extract, retrieve and upload official documents in systems and/or databases
· Skill in assessing on-line personnel/payroll systems to process official personnel transactions and perform other related functions.
· Experience researching and applying procedural and regulatory information to handle inquiries and carry out the technical work assignments described above.