Job Title: Receptionist Reports To: Manager
Summary: Responsible for greeting incoming patients and visitors, relaying incoming telephone calls, and performing various other duties such as patient scheduling, payment collections and patient discharge in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Answer multi-line telephone system, take accurate messages, screen and direct telephone calls to the appropriate person in an efficient manner.
2. Greet and identify patients and visitors as they enter the office in reference to the daily schedule and obtain additional patient information as needed.
3. Request patients and visitors be seated in the waiting room in a courteous manner and communicate unexpected delays when necessary.
4. Review patient charts to ensure proper documentation and information are enclosed in accordance with practice guidelines.
5. Pull patients charts daily, accessing from storage area as needed, basket all charts and move to counter. Run HAP face sheets when appropriate and locate pathology reports and file as needed.
6. Acquire necessary medical records and documents for patient charts by communicating via telephone, facsimile or in person with other office locations or office personnel.
7. Maintain a neat and organized waiting room, order and replenish supplies as needed and maintain all machines.
8. Schedule patients for appointments and “re-call” appointments in an efficient and productive manner.
9 Calculate pricing and collect on all procedures.
10 Receive payments from patients for services rendered and prepare bank deposits on a daily basis.
11. Check in all deliveries and contact each department to pick up or deliver.
12. Enter financial transactions and miscellaneous correspondence on computer.
13. Assumes responsibility for actions and seeks approval from supervisor as needed.
14. Willingly provides assistance to team members while maintaining clinic/patient flow, accomplishing work assignments by multitasking, in a congenial and respectful manner.
15. File documents in charts, purge charts and move to storage as needed.
16. Responsible for staying current on all office procedures and implementing changes as directed including OSHA, HIPAA and.EMR.
17. Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related secretarial experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, medical information systems and patient management software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.Company Description
Position with potential for growth within a large multi-centered dermatology practice.