Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Florence, KY.
o (6PM – 4:30AM – 4- 10’s – Tues – thru - Fri) – 3 out of 4 weeks.
o (6PM – 6AM – 5 – 12’s – Mon – thru - Fri) – 1 week per month.
· Machine Operators – looking to hire Technician 2’s – with experience.
· Rate range would be: $14.75 – 16.00 plus shift differential of $1.25, depending on experience.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Production Technician 2 .
- Responsible for meeting production goals/quality, machine operation and set up, delegation of labor, leading a team and ensuring enough of the proper materials are staged at the machine.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of assigned equipment.
- Additionally fulfills the job duties of a Production Technician 1 Feeder/Strapper as required.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Load and unload material into machine (30%)
- Perform and validate proper machine component set up (20%)
- Manage machine performance using a computer interface, requiring the use of a keyboard and mouse to point and click on work assignments and take corrective action when prompted by error message (15%)
- Applies troubleshooting skills for various machine components (15%)
- Perform quality checks (QC) on finished products (10%)
- Resolve machine productivity and product quality issues without assistance (5%)
- Analyzes, and reports critical objective data and information to production lead/supervisor, recommending improved machine use, quality control, and staff utilization (5%)
- Lead and coach team members (varying crew size).
- Adhere to housekeeping standards.
- Support and comply with safety and security policies to promote a healthy work environment.
- Collect machine performance information and enters data into MS Excel spreadsheet (if applicable).
- Maintain open communication with the team.
- Participate in the Team Business Meetings.
- Share equipment knowledge with team members.
- Responsible for quality, output, and production goals.
- Support and comply with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
- Operate a pallet jack.
- Pull samples of finished products as needed.
- Working knowledge of machine components & manufacturing operations.
- Make minor non-mechanical adjustments, such as jams and machine calibration to ensure safety and maintenance procedures are followed.
- Ability to read and respond to the machine digital interface / machine error messages.
- PT1 – Palletizer Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures finished goods are properly palletized, instructing the Logistics Technician to move product to finish location.
- Prepare all finished products according to established USPS standards; demonstrates proficiency through the proper recognition of the printed address label on finished products.
- Respond to machine display screens.
- Manage multiple work orders on multiple output stations.
- PT1 – Feeder Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Load and unload materials into the machine.
- Respond to the indicator lights and display screens and know the actions required to mitigate the issue.
- Adjust machine components as needed.
- Verify correct material is on the production line.
- Ability to work with machine interface / machine controls.
- Perform basic machine setup and troubleshooting as needed.
Education & Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent education certification.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of machine components and manufacturing operation.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- 1 – 3 years related experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to assess obstacles and take corrective action.
- Mathematical skills and ability to read and comprehend daily machine reports.
- Demonstrates ability as a line lead (one machine).
- Computer usage experience preferred.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to carry up to 30lbs, push and pull up to 30lbs, twist, stand, walk, reach, and grip/ grasp throughout the shift. Employees are also required to lift up to 30lbs, squat, and kneel occasionally. Lastly, employees require the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided.
- Disclaimer: Weight requirements may vary by location. Please contact HR Business Partner for further details and/or refer to Physical Requirements Addendum.
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients’ most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries, and RetailMeNot Everyday® is its consumer brand. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Valassis is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings.