Requisition ID: 46475 Title: Supervisor - Manufacturing Engineering Division: Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02) Location: Ave Maria, FL
Arthrex Manufacturing is recruiting for an Engineering Supervisor that will design, develop, implement superior medical device manufacturing processes and systems in order to fulfill customer requirements. The Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor will work with Manufacturing Operations, Design Engineers, Quality Engineers and Product Managers to recommend alterations and enhancements to improve quality of processes, products and procedures. The ideal candidate would have solid foundation of metal machining operations and proven supervisory experience. Experience in medical device or closed related regulatory industry and Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required for this position. Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Manufacturing Engineering teams
- Coach individual engineers and engineering teams in the practical application of engineering methods and processes
- Coach individual engineers and engineering teams in the practical application of project management methods
- Mentor a "Do it more right the first time" culture, skills and tools to enhance quality and operational excellence
- Lead the introduction of new products, manufacturing equipment, and manufacturing processes that are superior in quality, capability, and reliability.
- Develop and disseminate best practices for the creation, validation, and deployment of process work instructions
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering or Engineering technology required, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years' experience in the medical device manufacturing industry, or closely related field required
- 3 years of supervisory experience required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Ability to work independently and effectively with cross functional teams.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and critical think skills.
- Descriptive statistics knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experienced user of MS Office Suite
- Experience with planning and conducting tests to characterize and validate equipment and processes.
- Experience in completing technical documentation for engineering and manufacturing.
- Solidworks experience preferred
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Metal cutting equipment, molding, EDM, grinding equipment, finishing equipment, printing equipment, sealing equipment and custom fixturing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.