This position requires a 4 year degree in Engineering from an Accredited ABET College or University with 2 - to - 4 years experience Utility Line designing/ POWER.
..............Local Candidates Preferred
Position Overview: This is the second level of the Engineering classification. Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve more complex problems in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under some direct supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
• engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
• continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• effective oral and written communication skills
• accurate records and files
• support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally
Graduation from an ABET accredited 4 yr. College or university program with a BS in Engineering- prefer EE
• 2 to 4 years experience as a practicing engineer- energy engineering experience preferred
• Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
• Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
Engineering experience desired
** Design Manager experience desired
- Performed design, cost estimates and easements for distribution utility services.
- Provide engineering, line design and route studies for distribution circuit layout.
- performed numerous distribution design studies
- planning studies
- coordination studies for overhead and underground construction.
- Familiarity with distribution design standards
- Re-conductor projects
- Voltage conversion projects
- New feeder installation
- Customer delivery service
- Large commercial design
- Subdivision underground and/or overhead design
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
Additional :Desired Qualifications
• Possesses and E.I.T. certificate.
• Understanding of basic principles of project management.
• Experience in the utility industry.
• Ability to use AutoCAD for basic drawing revisions.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic wiring diagrams; and create engineering drawing packages.
• Ability to trouble shoot control drawings, relay logic, or ladder logic.
• Ability to interpret written specifications and implement them on engineering drawings.
• Experience working in a field environment implementing or verifying engineering drawings.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike Engineering is focused on applying operational excellence to the infrastructure solution needs of the energy delivery and communications sectors of the utility industry. Our goal is to leverage the engineering expertise and operational experience of our employees to be the recognized industry leader for the services we offer. We are dedicated to achieving this leadership by:
Creating innovative, flexible solutions to our clients
Providing solutions on time, all the time
Delivering unsurpassed quality on a consistent basis
Developing resources for the future
Achieving a superior safety culture
Being driven by our Core Values