Summary of Responsibilities
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing user-end support of desktop and network hardware and software. Responsible for the routine operation of computers and related peripherals; acting as the initial point of contact for users. Troubleshoot applications and associated hardware. Maintain and update the Helpdesk database and maintaining current software and hardware information as well as user issues and resolution.
1. Respond to telephone calls, e-mail and personnel requests for technical support.
2. Document, track and monitor user requests and ensure a timely resolution.
3. Maintain a log of computer activities and problems within Help desk software.
4. Provide internal office support for all office software applications and end user hardware.
5. Troubleshoot and support PCs, printers and other hardware.
6. Act as a liaison with external software and systems support people.
7. Assist in maintaining hardware inventory.
8. Monitor status of systems and report problems as necessary.
9. Install, test, update and configure software and hardware on workstations.
10. Respond to emergency calls or network related failures based on “On Call Schedule.”
1. Good customer service and communication skills.
2. Proven proficiency installing and troubleshooting PC’s
3. Able to work in a team environment.
4. Able to deal with high stress situations.
Normally, 1-3 years experience working with Windows networks or Windows professional certification with suitable experience level.
Normal office hours are 7:00a.m. to 4:00p.m., 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. or 10:00am to 7:00p.m based on shift schedule. Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime may be required.
Yearly hours expectation is 2150.
There may be occasional travel between offices and possibly overnight to out-of-town continuing professional education meetings.Company Description
Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants, has nearly 300 firm members working from offices in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and New York. We are one of the largest public accounting firms in South Florida and one of the top 100 firms in the country. Our professionals provide a comprehensive approach to income, estate, financial and investment planning. We have cultivated a diverse client base, a wide range of practice areas and our growth is an indicator of our clients’ satisfaction.
BPB offers a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Each individual in our organization is integral to the firm's success. Our culture is one that is cohesive and unified. We are a team with a family atmosphere that creates a supportive environment and enables people to build fulfilling careers.