Transportation Coordinator works under general supervision of the Transportation Supervisor and Manager. This position performs clerical and administrative support functions within the transportation department. The Coordinator organizes the transport, handling, storage and transportation of goods and provision of logistic services.
- Processing shipments, packing lists, bill of ladings and labels for all daily shipments on daily shipping plan
- Handle customer complaints, and investigate delivery issues, damaged products and late deliveries.
- Audit freight bills for billing accuracy.
- Ensure operation costs adhere to budgets and financial goals.
- Develop competitive freight quotes for shipments that will improve cost savings.
- Prepare and publish weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to track
costs and on-time delivery performance.
- Confer with management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
- Assist with projects as requested by the Logistics & Transportation
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements (DOT, TSA and OSHA), any associated reporting
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Diploma/ Associates degree from college or bachelor’s degree in Management.
- Experience in the Transportation industry is a plus
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations and the ability to operate in compliance with these regulations as well as within company guidelines
- Ability to analyze daily operational metrics to monitor operational efficiency, equipment utilization, performance and profitability
- Document and communicate any automotive failures
- Assist with fleet maintenance scheduling
- Maintain and reconcile any weekly or monthly reporting
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Adept at problem solving and conflict resolution
Pet Supermarket has it all for your furry friends. We welcome customers to share their shopping experience with their pets. We sell more than 8,000 pet care products and services and in over 180 stores located in a dozen states. We specialize in pet food, toys, medicine and clothing, and also offer pet grooming in some locations. In addition, Pet Supermarket works with area organizations to host adoptions and related events for animal welfare. Pet Supermarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer.