Are you ready for an incredible opportunity with an amazing company? Then this opportunity may have been woven just for you! Valley Forge Fabrics is on the lookout for a Quality Control & Assurance Associate to join our first-class team.
Valley Forge Fabrics, maker of the world’s most innovative textiles and design solutions for the hospitality industry, just celebrated 40 years in business as the industry leader.
Family values focus on technology, innovation, people, customers, community and environment are the foundation of the Company’s success.
Our highly regarded reputation is known industry-wide by the world’s leading hospitality brands, designers, and purchasing agents.
The Company’s diverse workforce of Designers, Producers, Dreamers, and Fabric Professionals come from across the globe and around the corner all with the innate passion and spirited self-motivation which creates quite an extraordinary team.
Every person at Valley Forge Fabrics is empowered to deliver on the dreams of the most discerning customers with the knowledge, speed, precision, and personal attention that is a fundamental part of the Company’s DNA.
We are Headquartered in palm tree-lined Fort Lauderdale, but our reach into the design industry is global with a clear mission to “Impact the Happiness of Travelers.”
The Quality Control & Assurance Associate oversees the quality control process for the Finished Products division.
This includes developing, implementing and maintaining a formal global QA program in partnership with the Product Development and Production departments
Quality Assurance: This includes but not limited to:
- Oversees the Quality control process of the entire finished product Div.
- Maintains the established global quality assurance program, in partnership with Company Product Development and Production departments.
- Maintains Company quality standards for the finished product line.
- Ensures product meets Company and customer Quality standards.
- Works with vendors in identifying negative quality trends and repetitive defects.
- Assist in the problem-solving process.
- Submits daily, weekly or monthly reports analyzing the overall quality of the products and vendors' performance if needed.
- Monitors and assists mills on any quality control assurance issues.
- Develops relations with new Fabricators and implement VFF Quality control/ assurance.
- Communicates internal and external customer needs to the plants.
- Initiates quarterly product testing for Standards Program.
Quality Control: This includes but not limited to:
- Inspections of our product to determine if there is a need for improvement and the ability to make modifications, if necessary.
- Reviews all counter samples and create QC audit reports of each item for Fabricators and mills.
- Provides direction of improvement, if needed.
- Submits samples to Customer Service Rep.
or to the project coordinator, for customer approval after internal approval of a production sample.
- Inspects and performs audits on all Valley Forge production receipts of finished goods.
- Records inspected data for Quality Control process protocols.
- Inspects and communicates issues and audits findings on customer returns.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Management finished product coordinator and Finish product Director to resolve and prevent escalating problems.
- Ensures to forward the completed QC audits to appropriate personnel with corrective measures.
- Updates and maintains the database for review and suggestive improvements.
- Assists in identifying trends that may create increased risks.
- Reports quality control issues to purchasing and the vendors.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of quality assurance and control within a manufacturing and warehouse environment is required.
- Microsoft Office, Solid knowledge in Excel.
The culture at Valley Forge is all about our employees and our community.
During our most recent annual Give Back Day we packaged over 100,000 meals for Feeding Children Everywhere, and we love to celebrate things like our annual Valley Forge Spirit Week (everyone loves pajama day!), and “Friendsgiving” each November.
In our fabulous 80,000 square foot facility, complete with a gym, yoga studio, and slide! We are all about working hard and playing hard.
We are a fast-paced and energized group of people who share a purpose for creating a uniquely beautiful world.
We invest our time and resources into each other, our local community, having fun, and getting things done.
So, go ahead and just click that apply button, we can’t wait to meet you!
Valley Forge is an Equal Opportunity Employer qualify applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, gender identity, religion, alienage, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.