Vita Nonwovens, a global company that specializes in engineered applications utilizing nonwoven thermal bonded and needle punched technologies, has an opportunities for experienced maintenance technicians to join our team. This is a highly collaborative role, requiring a person with strong problem solving skills, some electrical/PLC knowledge, and a strong background in nonwovens.
Vita Nonwovens offers a small company, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential and competitive compensation and benefits.
This position is located out of our Fort Wayne, Indiana location which recently underwent a building expansion along with installation of a brand new production line! Selected candidate will primarily be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment.
- Follow all Safety Guidelines & Procedures.
- Maintain production equipment in safe, optimal operating condition to help ensure the protection of all plant employees and visitors.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of production and process equipment for proper operation.
- Perform pm's and repair of production equipment.
- Recognize and perform machine adjustments to the various manufacturing machine systems
- Determining corrective actions based on operational and trouble messages provided by Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) Display Monitors or other similar display panels.
- Assisting with installation, testing, and validation of new production equipment.
- Understand follow and maintain proper records for All Safety Management procedures and requirements.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of process and production equipment.
- Participate in and oversee equipment changeovers as necessary.
- Assist in training manufacturing employees in the proper use of equipment.
- Maintain organization of Maintenance Repair Area and any other area where repair work is in progress.
- Assist coworkers with production or other tasks as requested.
- Complete Work orders and Assignments via CMMS.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A 2-year technical degree in Electrical or Mechanical.
- A Minimum of 5 years of industrial maintenance experience within manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Industrial Controls, 3phase Motors, Servos, VFD’s, Hydraulics, Air Compressors, Pneumatics, Mechanics, Troubleshooting PLCs, Ladder Logic, Allen Bradley RS-Studio 5000, HMI’s, Networking, Print and Schematic reading.
- Nonwovens experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E, NEC, Best Practices.
- Knowledge of PM’s, Predictive and Pro-Active Maintenance
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Perform basic math skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, and work in tight spaces in and around machinery.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts when business demands warrant a 24-7 continuous operation.
- Experience working effectively with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
It is not intended that this job description include all details of the work functions inherent in this position, nor does it give exclusive titles to every function described. The position incumbent will perform work equal or lower classification, as required or directed, and perform work of high classification for training purposes, or as warranted by emergency circumstances.Company Description
“Our vision is to enhance consumer experiences through a culture of attracting top talent, continuous learning, adaptation and creativity that will fuel our customers’ success.”
Vita Nonwovens prides itself on working with their customers to provide them with innovative, quality products. Our aim is simple – to be the best in all the markets in which we operate. Vita Nonwovens embodies this mission by providing you with a range of innovative nonwoven products and giving you unparalleled customer service in order to help you stay one step ahead of the competition.
Each Vita Nonwovens facility encompasses innovation through engineering and implementation of some of the most technical and state-of-the-art production processes in the industry.