Analyzes credit data to estimate degree of risk involved in extending credit to potential and existing companies or individuals.
• Contact trade, banks and credit associations, salespeople, and others to obtain credit information
• Evaluates customer accounts and recommends that account be closed, credit limit reduced or extended, or collection attempted, based on earnings and savings data, payment history and purchase activity of the customer.
• Studies economic trends in firm's industry or branch of industry to predict probable success of new customer
• Evaluates results of investigations, prepares reports of findings, and recommends credit limits to management on new and existing customers.
• Approves customer orders, reviews orders on credit hold and maintains reports on a daily basis
• Maintains database of customer credit histories.
• Coordinates with Credit Support, and Customer Service to resolve customer disputes
• Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent; or three years of experience and or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in working with the AS 400 software is a plus
• Must have organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, exceptional attention to detail and good follow-up skills
• Must possess good problem solving skills.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees and vendors/ customers
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Proficient in Excel and Word
• Willingness to work as team member or independently
Transcendia is a leader in custom engineered materials for critical product components in a wide range of markets and applications. The company provides deep material science expertise, outstanding customer service through broad geographic coverage and trusted product reliability.