Day to day responsibilities will include:
· Have Safety of the personnel and equipment be the highest priority for the operation
· Ensure items produced meet quality standards by conducting QA testing, documenting results and correcting process or material issues when defects are identified.
· Verify and set machine parameters according to established process sheets.
· Ensure production lines have proper material according to production order.
· Oversee the operation of thermoforming, automation and auxiliary equipment.
· Assists with set up of machines as needed. Provide leadership with process start-up on the lines.
· Follow procedures for daily, weekly machine inspection, preventive maintenance. Address issues with supervisory and maintenance staff.
· Ability to troubleshoot thermoforming machines, including TSL and Lyle.
· Identify root causes and make necessary corrections for problems such as parts sticking, webs, splits, snaps, forming, angel hair and poor trim.
· Follow GMPs regarding food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee. Follow product safety, food safety and quality standards.
· Practice safe work habits and follows all general safety procedures, such as Energy Isolation, Hazard Communication, PPE. Ensure lockout procedures are strictly followed any time equipment is being maintained and or cleaned.
This position is in our Plastics facility in beautiful Franklin Park, IL
· Must be available to work any shift
· 2-4 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
· Experience in Thermoforming/Plastics industry a plus
· Must have leadership experience
· Associates degree in related fields (Preferred)
· Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization (writing, speaking and reading)
· Must be able to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals
· Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!Company Description
Sonoco is a $5 billion global provider of consumer packaging, industrial products and packaging supply chain services. When collaborating with our customers, we leverage our deep knowledge of material science, our i6 Innovation ProcessTM, and our industry-leading packaging and services portfolio to create impactful customized solutions that build stronger brands.
We produce packaging for many of the world’s most recognized brands, in markets such as appliances and electronics, automotive, beverages, confection, construction, converted paperboard, fresh and natural food, frozen and refrigerated food, shaving, home, lawn and garden, medical/pharmaceutical, pet care, powdered beverages, recycling and snacks.
Sonoco’s operations consist of our global consumer packaging businesses (rigid paper and closures, flexibles and plastics); our display and packaging division (high-impact retail displays and packaging supply chain management); our industrial businesses (tubes and cores, reels and spools, uncoated recycled paperboard and Sonoco Recycling, one of the world’s largest recyclers); and our Protective Solutions division (custom-designed protective, temperature-assurance and retail security packaging solutions and highly engineered components).
From our headquarters in Hartsville, S.C., and more than 300 operations in 33 countries, we serve customers in 85 nations.