Assistant Production Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations and Plant Manager
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading and supporting all areas of production (Yeast Line, Cake Line,
Bakery, Finishing, Staging and Delivery) to produce and deliver the required product amount on schedule.
Product must meet or exceed Dunkin’ Donuts Quality Standards, while meeting food and labor cost goals.
The production facility and equipment is to be kept clean, sanitary and safe at all times.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1) Lead and manage a staff of 40 to 60 direct report employees.
2) Correct improper work habits as detected.
3) Ensure employee conflicts and concerns are addressed immediately and appropriately.
4) Assist employees if help is needed.
5) Answer product and process questions.
6) Motivate and discipline employees as required.
7) Ensure plant is clean and sanitary at all times.
8) Communicate all safety and sanitation concerns to Plant Manager.
9) Communicate any repairs and maintenance required both verbally and via a work order.
10) Audit all areas for performance to Dunkin’ Donuts standards and production to schedule.
11) Train new employees, verify and certify performance.
12) Minimize product waste and damage.
13) Keep overtime to a minimum.
14) Ensure all products are produced and finished to specifications and standards as outlined in the
Dunkin’ Donuts Specifications.
15) Ensure employee checklists are complete and accurate and all tasks have been performed.
16) Ensure all processes and procedures are followed.
17) Communicate staffing needs to the Plant Manager
18) Conduct regular meeting with staff to communicate successes, areas for improvement and solicit
19) Adhere to and ensure that all team members report to work on time, in a clean, complete uniform,
and maintain good personal hygiene.
20) Execute Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety guidelines throughout the production shift.
21) Strictly adheres to all company policies and procedures.
1) Ability to lead and motivate a staff of at least 40 direct report employees.
2) Ability to weigh and measure accurately. Must have basic mathematics and reading (English) skills.
3) Good communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
4) Good computer skills.
5) Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
6) Extensive knowledge of baking and bakery facilities good, but not required.
Commercial Bakery with 5 automated manufacturing lines servicing over 200+ plus donut franchises in the Chicago land area.