The Controller is responsible for accounting functions including establishing and maintaining The Orthopaedic Institute’s (TOI) accounting principles, practices, and procedures according to GAAP. Prepare financial reports, and present findings and recommendations to top management. Have responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Overall responsibility for the general accounting function, including the monthly close process and financial reporting including analysis vs budget/forecast.
- Oversees all ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Review financial controls, policies, procedures, and implements enhancements to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of The Orthopaedic Institute’s operations
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develops and implements policies and standard procedures that improve performance within the Accounting Department.
- Support the CFO in other functional accounting/finance areas, including but not limited to, cash management, budgeting, forecasting, debt covenant reporting and Board reporting.
- Assures the establishment of feedback loops through quality improvement strategies/programs to continually improve and refine processes
- Manage and train Accounting staff; fosters a positive working environment for staff; attracts and retains motivated employees and appropriately rewards positive results
- Demonstrates strong relationship management and communication skills that provide for handling challenging interpersonal situations respectfully and gracefully
- Identifies and pro-acts to potential issues that will impede success
- Physician facing finance ‘point person ‘able to effectively communicate financial reports along with performance improvement plans to physicians and other stakeholders
- Participate in all financial planning functions including but not limited to annual budgeting, forecasting, analysis of actual to budget and forecast. Annual budget will include but not limited to Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Capital Projects, and Consolidate Statements.
- Driving continued automation of all financial and operational reporting processes as the business grows and scales through acquisitions.
- Rolling up sleeves to dig into the reporting platform to generate and analyze accurate, timely, monthly, quarterly, physician and corporate financial reports with variances to benchmarks.
- Develop provider and location-based financial, operational, revenue cycle management data into cohesive scorecard; conduct root cause analysis, variance to benchmark; track and trend results; develop performance improvement plans.
EDUCATION and LICENSURE:
Master’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Controller or other management: Proven experience supporting high-level Executives and/or Physicians. Prior healthcare experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and sometimes demanding environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and solution-focused perspective
- Strong analytical capabilities to identify gaps in the process
- Focus on outcomes, execute tasks, measure results
- Engage in open, respectful and ongoing communication
- Embrace collaboration as essential to success
The Orthopaedic Institute is a group of fully trained, experienced, specialty physicians providing the complete spectrum of musculoskeletal care from prevention and diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation.