SpeakingPartners is currently hiring instructors to teach one-on-one online video sessions to Japanese students. We are seeking those who can work within the following days and times (all times are Mountain Time):
- Mon - Fri - 1am to 6am
- Fri - Sat & Sat - Sun - 6pm to 6am
Instructors are able to build their own schedules within the time frames listed. Working each day and hour listed is not required.
A SpeakingPartners Online English teacher is responsible for delivery of course content, and adhering to a high standard of professional conduct.
Each instructor must demonstrate expertise in using web-conferencing applications and mastery of SpeakingPartners curriculum.
Each instructor is required to adhere to course guidelines using lesson plans provided.
The instructor must follow accepted procedures and protocol, including reporting to SpeakingPartners teacher supervisors prior to teaching and detailing technical complications. Class feedback must be provided by the instructor in a timely manner. The instructor must actively participate with SpeakingPartners staff regarding training, course content and remediation via email. Instructors should maintain a professional work space and personal appearance when interfacing with students and SpeakingPartners management.
Instructors may establish their own teaching schedules and are responsible for attending all confirmed classes. Substitutions must be organized, confirmed and reported by the instructor.
Each instructor will complete online orientation and training with a SpeakingPartners trainer and participate in scheduled client webinars or teacher development meetings. Instructors are responsible for arranging additional training to expand their proficiency in all curriculum.
- Organize and strictly monitor your personal teaching calendar. Arrange substitutions if necessary
- Download and prepare all approved teaching materials prior to upcoming classes
- Report to a Speaking-Partners teacher supervisor at least 30 minutes prior to beginning class
- In a clear and well-expressed manner, notify a teacher supervisor of irregularities in student behavior or technical complications
- Teach material from approved curriculum, following client-specific guidelines
- Provide timely and accurate student feedback following Speaking-Partners format
- Communicate with Speaking-Partners staff by email, text, chat, and telephone as needed
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
· Degree in Business, Education, English or another related field
· Teach a minimal of 10+ hours per week
· Hard wired and high-speed Internet
· Computer or laptop purchased in the past 5 years
· Computer or laptop with internal or external web cam
· Operating system in Mac or Windows 7 or higher
· Headset with microphone
· Quiet and professional teaching environmentCompany Description
SpeakingPartners is the premier online English tutoring service for thousands of students and corporate clients across Japan. A division of Nagase Brothers Inc., SpeakingPartners was created to meet the increasing demand for high quality English education taught exclusively by native speakers. Using expertly crafted curriculum, SpeakingPartners instructors offer English lessons to thousands of students each month in the convenience of their own homes!