We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Prep Chef/Utility. The purpose of this position is to operate the dish washing machine and provides orderly maintenance of all nutrition services storage areas. Assists in other areas of the kitchen with maintenance of dish room and equipment all in accordance with the standard procedure of the dining services department.
This position is full time and will work: 10:30AM -7PM every day with the exception of Sundays which are 10AM-3:30PM.
Week1- Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Week2-Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday
In this role, the Prep Chef will:
- Prep salads
- Cut fruits and vegetables,
- Work line stations
- Put food deliveries away,
- Maintain stock areas in a neat and orderly fashion on a daily basis.
- Transport carts to and from the appropriate dining areas.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous relevant experience, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, oral and written, with residents, family members, and staff, required.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Village of Golden Valley
Covenant Retirement Communities traces its roots to the Home of Mercy. Opened in Chicago in 1886 as the founding ministry of a church of Swedish immigrants, it was an old-age home, an orphanage and a hospital. Since then, the church became the Evangelical Covenant Church, our service parent. The service to senior adults became Covenant Retirement Communities. Now, more than a century later, the covenant of service kindled on the streets of Chicago burns brightly across the country.