We are a John Deere dealer with 27 locations serving a diverse group of agricultural, commercial, and residential customers in North Carolina and southern Virginia. At Quality Equipment, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, our employees, and our community. Our employees and management stay close to our customers and strive to serve them quickly and in ways that make sense in each local area.
Our work culture is ethical, entrepreneurial, and hard working. We work with excellent people every day – our customers and our co-workers. Our work is challenging and offers a great deal of variety in the tasks we do. At Quality Equipment, we strive to be the premier John Deere dealer in our region by serving our customers with commitment and integrity.
We offer the opportunity for stable, rewarding, and challenging work with a large and growing company which still maintains the feel of a small business. At Quality Equipment, there are opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
We are currently looking for a Turf Service Technician to join us in our branch in Goldsboro:
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION ARE:
• Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
• Diagnose problems and determines what repairs are needed. Many jobs will include repair of gasoline engines, diesel engines, and transmissions. Knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems is also necessary.
• Skills in disassembly, assembly, and repair of components and machines.
• Performs all service tasks as assigned by the Service Manager.
• Prepares all forms (detail of work performed on repair orders) required in conjunction with job assignments.
• Reports any additional work required on equipment to the Service Manager, for proper and safe operation by the customer.
• Participates in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager.
• Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Brings to the attention of the Service Manager any shop tools, equipment, or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to write diagnosis and work completed on routine reports (repair orders).
• Knowledge of engines, transmissions, electrical systems and/or hydraulic systems.
• Ability to speak effectively one-on-one with customers.
• Ability to use personal computer and various types of diagnostic equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Has a basic set of tools.
Our employees receive competitive wages and can participate in the benefits which currently include medical and dental insurance, flexible spending account, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, a 401(K) program with employer match and a company discount. In addition, Quality Equipment provides significant paid training and opportunities for professional and personal development. Our goal is for our employees to reach their full potential.
Quality Equipment, LLC has merged with East Coast Equipment, LLC as of October 1, 2018. We are now serving customers of North Carolina and southern Virginia in 27 locations. Quality Equipment is managed by Bryan Dobson, President, and a corporate management team.
In addition to our primary lines of John Deere Agricultural, Turf, and Commercial Worksite Products, Quality Equipment is also the preferred dealer for several other manufacturers including Stihl, Honda Power Equipment, Alamo, Amadas Industries, KMC, Frontier, EZ Trail, Hardee, Mechanical Transplanter, and Unverferth.