As a Service Technician, you're primarily responsible for assisting in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for the property.
Essential Job Functions:
- Uses service request system to schedule and establish priorities with daily assistance from Community Manager and Service Supervisor.
- Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility including but not limited to the following areas- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, interior and exterior structural, appliances, and apartment make-readies; including exterior grounds and common areas of the property.
- Monitors the completion of service requests while limiting callbacks and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Complete understanding and working knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures. Assisting with ensuring that established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, followed, and documented per BH program guidelines.
- The ability to use independent judgement while dealing with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities.
- Works with the office team and Maintenance supervisor completing move in/move out reports. Completing work per schedule, discussing as needed any major expense before acting. Reporting to Community Manager when completed units are read to show.
- Assist with identification and correction of hazardous community conditions including daily touring of the property reporting any hazards to the Community Manager and Service Supervisor. May assist with repairing hazards.
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team; responding to resident requests within 24 hours and hazardous weather problems as soon as made aware of the situation.
- Assist with inventory and ordering supplies, and may be responsible for pick-up of supplies as-needed.
- Six months to one-year general maintenance and safety experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of building maintenance and repair and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- A positive, team-oriented attitude, and ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
- A valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation required
- Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability required
- Six months to one-year general knowledge/experience with all major types of heating and air conditioning
- HVAC certification or ability to obtain
- EPA Certification in areas of Type II-domestic HVAC systems, 410A- or ability to obtain
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or ability to obtain
Work Schedule 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (work schedule may vary). Some overtime may be required including “on-call” and/or rotating “on-call” responsibilities as needed to meet business needs.
- (3) Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/ Vision
- 401K + match
- Education reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.Company Description
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 2,100-plus employees. With revenues now surpassing $500 million annually, BH Companies has come a long way in a short time. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
If we do our job well, renters become long-term residents, directly impacting profitability. As a result, we are ever vigilant about the interests of partners and clients, carefully balancing dollars invested against anticipated return. By adhering to these guidelines, BH Companies has enjoyed continuous growth and outstanding performance for well over a decade.
Our mission continues: We’re all about creating value.